Read color temperature and brightness values

Home Forums General Discussion Read color temperature and brightness values

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SergeiTonoian
    Participant

Hello,

I need to measure color temperature and brightness of cell phones LCDs for quality control purposes. Basically just put  Spyder 5 on mobile phone LCD, open white background at max brightness and check color temperature and brightness values. No need to calibrate anuthing. Is it possible to do with Spyder 5 and DisplayCAL software?

Vincent
    Participant

-Connect your tablet/phone to your local wifi, then use “remote” (web) display as main screen in DisplayCAL. Then run an uncalibrated screen report

or

-Comandline ArgyllCMS tools with remote (web) display or free measures.

Anyway, if you are going to measure just correlated color temperature (CCT) in order to “test” whitepoint or factory calibration you are doing it wrong.
    CCT says little info about a “white”. That’s why (un)calibrated screen reports in DisplayCAL writes CCT and distance to daylight/blackbody locus.
    CCT is a measure of blue-yellow… but is says nothing about if that white has green or pink tints.
    If you want to do this is a right way you should say “That screen has XXXX K CCT moved Y deltaE towards green/pink” or something equivalent (a* deviation … etc)

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I need to measure color temperature and brightness of cell phones LCDs for quality control purposes. Basically just put Spyder 5 on mobile phone LCD

These two statements are at odds with each other. To really do any sort of meaningful quality control, you need a quality instrument. Depending on your needs, something like an i1 Pro or Jeti specbos is suitable for the task.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS