Question result calibration gigabyte aero 15 oled

Home Forums General Discussion Question result calibration gigabyte aero 15 oled

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

matck06
    Participant

Good morning all,

I used displaycal for the calibration of my screen (gigabyte Aero 15 oled) and then I did tests on colorchecker with displaycal and the results call out to me, on the first test I placed the probe in the middle of the ‘RAS screen and on the second test I placed on the right of the screen by moving the square and the probe for the measurement of course.

My question: I don’t understand why it shows me “Not OK on the Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint AE * 00” part when the temperature and very close to 6500k and the brightness (CD) is almost identical this value indicates what ?

Apart from that the average delta E still remains good (1.61) and the worst patch 2.62 which remains below the tolerance so as not to exceed 3 knowing that the probe is placed on the right of the screen in the middle at a best score.

If you have the answer I am interested.

thank you in advance

TEST 1

TEST 2

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Screen uniformity for displays without uniformity compensation (which is usually only found on high end graphics displays) is expected to be relatively poor.

Vincent
    Participant

My question: I don’t understand why it shows me “Not OK on the Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint AE * 00” part when the temperature and very close to 6500k and the brightness (CD) is almost identical this value indicates what ?

TEST 2

Because CCT is not a proper way to locate a color in a 2D plane (a*b* or xy or whatever 2D color coordinate you choose excluding brightness)

CCT is “blue-yellow information”. Pink-green axis info is missing. That’s the information reported by DisplayCAL. It chooses the closest daylight or backbody white (2D coordinate) to measured white at 100K jump, then measures distance to it. Looks like it’s 2dE towards pink = not white = not OK

matck06
    Participant

Merci pour vos réponses

J’ai oublié de préciser que j’avais oublié de cocher ‘Compensation de la dérive du niveau de blanc’ et aussi je n’ai pas ajouté de ‘matrice de correction’

Je vais essayer d’ajouter la matrice oled samsung lenovo sony et cocher la compensation de la dérive du point blanc

cela pourrait-il améliorer les choses?

@Florian
    Does this mean that this screen is not suitable for photo editing?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by matck06.

matck06
    Participant

I calibrated with the white level drift compensation and the oled matrix (lenovo Sony Samsung) and the result seems to me yellow in rendering with always a delta E of 0.40 and max 1 and 6510k, I don’t know what to do anymore which says true

matck06
    Participant

Hello, I did two verification tests:

1 st with correction matrix and derivative of the activated white point, the screen with a yellow tint I have the impression

2 nd no matrix and derivative of the white level deactivated

the screen seems to have a pink tint but no yellow rendering

which is the right profile?

thank you in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

1st one (RGB OLED correction), plus additional visual whitepoint edition until its white looks like a known D65 display.

matck06
    Participant

@vincent I also did a calibration with the drift of the white level activated but the correction matrix on automatic (none) and the rendering and less yellow than the calibration with with oled matrix and activated white point but the skin color seems yellow , I have the x-rite colormunki display probe this probe needs an oled rvb correction matrix (sony samsung lenovo) for calibration?

here is the report with the calibration with the correction matrix on automatic (none) but with the activated box of the derivative of the white level you always advise me the profile oled rvb?

Thank you for your help it’s nice of you

Attachments:

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

All members of i1d3 family need correction.

The generic “portable” way to do it is with spectral corrections. RGB OLED ccss correction is a good start.

If white 255 does not look white with RGB OLED correction, use it, do not set none, then (=on top of it) use visual whitepont editor to get what you think white 255 should look like.

I’ve explained it in my previous message.

matck06
    Participant

Hello,

The oled profile is really good, it really approaches the white point 255 my eyes my misled haha, as you can see the profile without matrix produces a white which is pink.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Attachments:

matck06
    Participant

So with the oled profile it is suitable for photo editing? Even if the white point is not perfectly (red 254) green (253) blue (255)?

sorry for all these questions

Vincent
    Participant

If white 255 does not look white with RGB OLED correction, use it, do not set none, then (=on top of it) use visual whitepont editor to get what you think white 255 should look like.

I think that it is already answered.

If you do not like visual approach, rent a high end spectrophotometer and make your colorimeter match its readings. It is possible that even with such device “you” may want a visual correction on top of it.

matck06
    Participant

No the rendering suits me perfectly, I just wanted to know if with the calibration with the oled correction matrix does the trick for photo editing to display colors that correspond to reality.

Vincent
    Participant

No the rendering suits me perfectly, I just wanted to know if with the calibration with the oled correction matrix does the trick for photo editing to display colors that correspond to reality.

Photoshop, LR, CaptureOne… all those app render color managed image contents to screen relative to whitepoint. “They do not care about your white point”, otherwise you could not see ProPhotoRGB 255 white (D50) as white in a display calibrated to D65.

So, as long as profile matches display  it can render accurate color managed images but  without translation to whatever whitepoint you choose*.
    If you think that white is a liitle warm or cool using XXXX.ccss you can add a visual correction on top of that, without removing that CCSS correction: visual white point editor as I explained before.

(*) “Reality”:
    -D65, default white for most web/video contents
    -D50, default white to match prints under D50 light if you softproof simulating paper white from printer profile (Photohop)
    -Visual match to D65
    -Visual match to paper white under some illuminant
    etc…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Vincent.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Vincent.

matck06
    Participant

No in the end the white point d65 (6500K) suits me perfectly for retouching my photos it’s just that a slightly cold screen is always more flattering on the white color when you switch from one profile to another it is obvious, but also not the profile generated with the oled correction matrix (with the drift of the white level) the rendering is very good in terms of colors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS