Question about the LUT maker, LUT for monitor RGB to SRGB IEC61966-2.1?

Home Forums Help and Support Question about the LUT maker, LUT for monitor RGB to SRGB IEC61966-2.1?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tausendberg SourceForge

I am using Maya and Photoshop but I have a bit of a color display problem.

Photoshop, under color settings, is set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 while in Maya, if I render an image and preview it inside of Maya, the colors are slightly different, a little brighter. I find that in photoshop, under color settings, I can use Monitor RGB to make the colors in photoshop look the same as they do inside of Maya.

Now, I find that Maya is able to use a LUT file to change the colors when previewed inside of Maya and I would like to create a LUT that essentially converts the colors from Monitor RGB to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 so that the image inside of Maya looks the same way as the same image does when seen in Photoshop with color set to sRGB.

Do you know if this is possible?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I would like to create a LUT that essentially converts the colors from Monitor RGB to sRGB IEC61966-2.1

You want it the other way around, sRGB to monitor RGB. In the 3D LUT maker, set source profile to sRGB and tone curve to “apply black output offset (100%)”. Set the display profile under target profile, and rendering intent to “relative colorimetrc”, then create your LUT.

• This reply was modified on 2015-07-31 17:11:35 by fhoech.

tausendberg SourceForge

AH! That did it, perfectly! Thank you so much again for your help.

One more thing, I found I had to uncheck the checkbox under target profile

‘Apply calibration (vcgt)’ has to be off. If I left it on, the LUT would make things in Maya very bluish.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS