Question about support of Globell Color calibrator

Home Forums Help and Support Question about support of Globell Color calibrator

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

derrapf
    Participant

Ok but it seems to work right now.

I can start globell color and the button for calibration the screen is not disabled.

Ralf

derrapf
    Participant

Today I have got a new error message (see attachment).
    So the registry setting just worked some weeks

Any ideas how I can fix the issue?

Ralf

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by derrapf.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by derrapf.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Radek Vendelberger
    Participant

repeat all process again

Sorry guys, I have no better solution.

derrapf
    Participant

Too bad.
    For me I found a solution: I bought a Spyder

Regards Ralf

Patrick R
    Participant

Hello together,
    first of all I want to thank Andrii for the possibility to download the GlobellColor software and excuse me for the late reply.
    I would like to do a hardware calibration with the GlobellColor device at my beamer, but unfortunately this is not possible in the demo version.
    I have contacted several dealers who still offer GlobellColor devices. Some of them claimed that the full version of the software is included with their device. So I ordered and found out that the statements were not true and sent the device back.
    With the software Qubyx the device is also running. It looks like it is the same software. In an older version, the activation looked exactly like GlobellColor. The activation with the GlobelColor Key did not work anyway. This Qubyx software is for medical use, so it is also extremely expensive for me (780$).

I see one last possibility. There is the program “EaseUS Todo PCTrans”. With this program you can copy an installed program to an ISO file (including Regestry). The free version of EaseUS Todo PCTrans should be enough for this.
    So if someone has an activated version of GlobellColor (@oliver ???) it would be great if he could provide an ISO file so I can test if it works this way to install a full version. It would be too bad to trash the device.

Thanks a lot in advance.

With the company GlobellColor you can’t get any hopes anymore. It was deleted from the company register on 21.10.2020.

Greetings
    Patrick

Patrick R
    Participant

Here is a short manual for “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free
    Start program ->
    Select “Backup & Restore” -> Start ->
    “Next step” (data backup) ->
    Enter name of the backup file and location-> “Confirm”->.
    Deactivate selection of “Data” -> edit programs -> select only “globellColor” -> “Finish” ->
    “Save”

Done

The names have been translated from German into English, so it is possible that some descriptions in English are different.

Hier noch eine kurze Anleitung für “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free”:
    Programm starten ->
    “Sichern & Wiederherstellen” auswählen -> Start ->
    “Nächster Schritt” (Datensicherung) ->
    Name der Sicherungsdatei und Speicherort angeben-> “Bestätigen”->
    Auswahl von “Daten” deaktivieren -> Programme bearbeiten -> nur “globellColor” auswählen -> “Fertig stellen” ->
    “Sichern”

Fertig

Greetings
    Patrick

derrapf
    Participant

I had hoped that some programmer is maybe still there, has the source code an could compile a version without any license check…
    I could try that EaseUS Thingy.

But it will take some time…

Regards Ralf

Oliver Scheffer
    Participant

Hello Patrick!

So if someone has an activated version of GlobellColor (@oliver ???) it would be great if he could provide an ISO file so I can test if it works this way to install a full version. It would be too bad to trash the device.

Not on my main system, I’Ve reinstalled it since. I may have an active installation on my notebook, but I can look at it only tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.

Kind regards, Oliver

derrapf
    Participant

Also:

Ich habe heute abend dieses EaseUS probiert. Das Verzeichnis Globell überschreitet die maximale Datenmenge die frei ist. Kann man also vergessen.
    Abgesehen davon sieht es ja so aus als ob die App nur einen Datei Transfer macht von Rechner a nach Rechner b.

Das kann ich auch selbst  über das Netzwerk machen, bzw. habe das auch gemacht.
    Aber selbst wenn EaseUS die Benutzerprofile mitnimmt (wie? – man kann ja nur zu übertragende Verzeichnisse angeben), würde ich mich wundern wenn das Teil auch die Registry-Einträge die zum Globell Programm gehören mitnehmen würde (woher sollte es diese kennen?)

Und selbst wenn das alles funktionieren würde:
    Die Globell-Software generiert eine  Workstation ID die von der Hardware (Mac-Adresse?) abhängt.
    D.h. sie ist auf dem neuen Rechner eine Andere als auf dem von dem ihr übeetragt. Selbst wenn ihr also alles 1:1 übertragen könntet, wäre die berechnete ID eine Andere, und für diese hätte man den auf der Globell Seite berechneten passsenden Freischaltcode gebraucht, den nun leider niemand mehr berechnen kann.

Was man also bräuchte wäre entweder

• das Stück Software das aus der ID den Activation Code berechnet.
    • oder eine Modifikation der Globell Software, so dass sie diesen Code erst gar nicht mehr braucht.
      Und das waren die Tricks über die Registry.

Wenn jemand den Quellcode noch hätte könnte man sicher auch die Aktivierung leicht ausbauen.
    Den Code gibt es sicher noch irgendwo.
    Auch die Website und die Software die die Aktivierung berechnet ist sicher noch nicht gelöscht.

Es braucht nur einen ehemaligen Entwickler von Globell der Mitleid mit uns hat….

Gruss Ralf

then on my former computer.

Patrick R
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    thanks for your support.
    I have tested the procedure with “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free” before I wrote the possibility in the chat.
    I have installed the GlobellColor program on my computer.
    After that I changed several regestry parts as described by Radek.
    Then I created an image with “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free” as described in my manual (no PC to PC transfer!). A file with the size of 261 MB was created. The maximum file size for “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free” is 500MB. I guess that you (@Ralf) have some profiles and reports saved. Therefore you have such a big file as an image.
    Then I uninstalled the GlobellColor program with “Revo Uninstaller” with everything (incl. Regestry). With this uninstaller you can also see how deep software can be installed on a PC.
    Afterwards I restored the GlobellColor program with “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free”. It all worked and the different Regestry files were restored, like before the image was created.
    I see a big chance to get the GlobellColor program running.
    My hope is that an activated version will not repeatedly check and match the Workstation ID.
    It is definitely worth a try.

What we need is an image less than 500 MB, so we can use “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free”.

If someone has an activated version with only a few profiles and reports (or is willing to delete them), it might work. In my case the profiles are stored under C:\ProgramData\Globell\globellColor.

Greetings
    Patrick

Hallo zusammen,

vielen Dank für eure Unterstützung.

Ich habe die Vorgehensweise mit  “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free” getestet bevor ich die Möglichkeit in den Chat geschrieben habe.

Ich habe das GlobellColor Program auf meinen Rechner installiert.

Danach habe ich verschiedene Regestry Bereiche geändert, wie von Radek beschrieben.

Dann habe ich mit “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free” ein Abbild erschaffen wie in meiner Anleitung angegeben (keine Übertragung PC zu PC!). Es wurde eine Datei mit der Größe von 261 MB erstellt. Die maximale Dateigröße bei  “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free” ist 500MB. Ich gehe davon aus dass bei dir (@Ralf) einige Profile und Berichte abgespeichert sind. Deshalb hast du so eine Große Datei als Abbild.

Dann habe ich das GlobellColor Program mit “Revo Uninstaller” sauber mit allem drum und drann (inkl. Regestry) deinstalliert. Bei diesem Deinstallationsprogramm kann man auch gut sehen wie weit verteilt eine Software auf einem PC sein kann.

Danach habe ich mit  “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free” das GlobellColor Programm wiederhergestellt. Es hat alles funktioniert und die verschiedenen Regestry dateien waren wir vor dem Abbild wieder hergestellt.

Ich sehe hier eine große Chance das GlobellColor Programm zum Laufen zu bekommen.

Meine Hoffnung ist, dass eine aktivierte Version nicht wiederholt die Workstation ID prüft und abgleicht.

Ein versuch ist es auf jeden Fall wert.

Was wir brauchen ist ein Abbild mit einer Größe von weniger als 500 MB, damit wir  “EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free” nutzen können.

Wenn jemand eine aktivierte Version mit wenig Profilen und Berichten hat (oder bereit ist diese zu löschen), könnte es funktionieren. Bei mir sind die Profile unter C:\ProgramData\Globell\globellColor gespeichert.

Grüße

Patrick

Oliver Scheffer
    Participant

So, I did have an activated installation on my notebook. I’ve installed EaseUS, created the image and transferred it to my main system.  Alas, the restored program was no longer licenced.

Patrick R
    Participant

Hello, Oliver,
    thanks for your feedback.
    Have you ever had installed the GlobellColor program on your main system before?
    If so, it should have been deleted with an uninstaller like “Revo Uninstaller”. Otherwise, some folders and registry entries remain, which can lead to problems with a new installation like this one.
    Is there a possibility that you could send me the image file? I would like to test it and compare the different Regestry entries.
    Thanks a lot

Greetings
    Patrick

Hallo Oliver,
    danke für deine Rückmeldung.
    Hattest du auf deinem Hauptsystem schon einmal das GlobellColor Programm installiert?
    Wenn ja, dann hätte dieses mit einem Deinstallationsprogram wie “Revo Uninstaller” gelöscht werden müssen. Ansonsten bleiben bestimmte Ordner und Regestry Einträge vorhanden, die bei einer neuen Installation wie dieser zu Problemen führen kann.
    Gibt es die Möglichkeit, dass du mir die Abbilddatei zukommen lassen könntest? Ich würde gerne selber auch testen und z.B. die verschieden Regestry Eintragungen miteinander vergleichen.
    Vielen Dank

Grüße
    Patrick

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Patrick R.

Oliver Scheffer
    Participant

Sorry for the belated response. Today I could test it on a system at work whch definitely didn’t have a prior installation. Here, too, it didn’t work.

Bye, Oliver

Steven
    Participant

Are there any still active here? I received a Globell Color calibrator but it is impossible to use it because it is not possible to activate the software, so it is not possible to save profiles because the software works in demo mode. Has anyone solved this problem or is this completely unusable hardware?

Patrick R
    Participant

Hi Steven,

I could not solve the problem with the software. After many attempts I gave up. Unfortunately, I do not know any way to use the device in a useful way.

Sorry for not having a better answer for you.

Regards
    Patrick

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS