Question about support of Globell Color calibrator

Home Forums Help and Support Question about support of Globell Color calibrator

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Andrii Radevych
    Participant

Hello, Oliver! I can not get a activation code with tons of attempts( There might be some troubles with my serial number, that was given to me by GC.

I know, that it may sounds suspicious,  but as we are both in the same boat (axcept that you’re more lucky))), could you please give me your serial number and I’ll try to get activation code with its help? I’ll not be mad if you’ll refuse, of course)

Here is my email: <redacted>

Oliver Scheffer
    Participant

Hello Andrii!

I don’t think it’s a problem with your serial number. I’ve run into such a problem myself when the software came out. Initially I could activate just fine, but all of a sudden the software reverted to unactivated. Every try to re-activate failed. I was in contact with the support and they sent me several beta versions but nothing helped. In the end I had to restore an older backup of my Windows installation in which the software still worked.

Can you try your serial number on another system? A VM with VirtualMachine works, too.

Bye, Oliver

Andrii Radevych wrote:

Hello, Oliver! I can not get a activation code with tons of attempts( There might be some troubles with my serial number, that was given to me by GC.

I know, that it may sounds suspicious,  but as we are both in the same boat (axcept that you’re more lucky))), could you please give me your serial number and I’ll try to get activation code with its help? I’ll not be mad if you’ll refuse, of course)

Andrii Radevych
    Participant

Hello Andrii!

I don’t think it’s a problem with your serial number. I’ve run into such a problem myself when the software came out. Initially I could activate just fine, but all of a sudden the software reverted to unactivated. Every try to re-activate failed. I was in contact with the support and they sent me several beta versions but nothing helped. In the end I had to restore an older backup of my Windows installation in which the software still worked.

Can you try your serial number on another system? A VM with VirtualMachine works, too.

Bye, Oliver

Oliver,  tried it many times on Windows and Mac on 2 PC and 3 V, but still facing the same issue. I will be extremely appreciated if you’ll find an opportunity to share with me your serial number- just to make this final test with final conclusion regarding this matter. This is my email, where we can keep our communication: Email

Andrii Radevych
    Participant

Here is few more arguments – why supporting of this device might be worth of time and tryings.

After understanding, that Globell Color device mostly not going to find any support in future, I decide to buy a well known calibration device with tons of positive feedbacks about it – Colormunki Display.

Just got it and decide to Calibrate my iMac. After .icc profile was created – I compared it with Globell Color profile and…believe me or not all compared pictures was looking much much better with GC profile! Me and my wife need about 10 seconds to make this final conclusion – so obvious it was. The color tones, the contrast, the details in shadows and lights – everything was on GC profile side!

More then that. I compared “fresh” profile, what I got with Colormunki with old (2015 year) profile that I got from calibration with X-Rite i1 device and they were absolutely identical! Not just looking very close or similar – I-D-E-N-T-I-C-A-L! All images with GC profile looks way different in very positive meaning.

So, this thing is definitely unique and might be the real treasure, especially due to the low amount of production.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Roman Chernenko
    Participant

The Globell color sensor should works with Qubyx calibration software

Patrick R
    Participant

Hello,
    I also have a Globell Color Sensor, but unfortunately no software for it anymore. I spent a lot of time to find the original software on the internet. Sadly without success. The Qubyx software recognizes the sensor, but I cannot adjust my beamer with it (Bluray-Player).
    Can someone tell me where I can find the original software or does anyone of you have an install file?
    Sorry for asking the question in this forum, but the device is too good to throw it in the trash.
    Thanks for your help
    Greetings
    Patrick

Andrii Radevych
    Participant

Hello, Patrick! As the official Globell Color web site is no longer working – there is no way to download the software anymore from there.

Fortunately I did it in time when the site was working, so here is the link to download both install files for mac os and windows + instruction of how to reset trial on mac os https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vc3k2aoxvzuroc/Globell%20Color.zip?dl=0

derrapf
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks for the link to the software. I also run in the problem that I had to move the software to a new computer and cannot activate it any more. I tried to copy the installation directory and also every registry setting dealing with “globell” .. but had no success. The main problem is that the software generates another workstation ID then on my former computer. So the old activation code does not work. Probably it would be sufficient if someone (a former globell software developer) could provide a peace of software that generates the activation code from the workstation ID.

Nevertheless. I could install the globell software on the new box and try to use your procedure.
    But: According to the text file in your zip, you wrote  “Go to «Library/Preferences/Globell ”

That is a relative path. Where can I find it? I searched on the complete c: drive and could not find this directory.

Ralf

Radek Vendelberger
    Participant

Hi guys.

I figure out how to prolonger Test period of globellColor software forever. This procedure is valid for Windows

Go to the registry (run regedit)

Select Computer

Find 1.0.1195 (find all of them)

In same location change InstallDate to  20210604

Now You have one year free of using globellcolor.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

derrapf
    Participant

Great.

Can I also use 21210604 as installDate to have it free the next 100 years?
    Because using 20210604 I would have to edit the registry every year.

Ralf

Radek Vendelberger
    Participant

Sorry, I forgot something. You will have to delete also from registry

lastdate
    startdate

which belong to Globell color.

derrapf
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks. I deleted the two entries.
    Back to my question: Is there any special reason you used 20210604?
    Or can I also use a date in the far future?
    Ralf

derrapf
    Participant

addendum: I just have got again the license expired message. So the registry changes obviously did not work for me….

Radek Vendelberger
    Participant

Do it again

Go to the registry (run regedit)

Select Computer

Fin (find all of them):

lastdate
    startdate

which belong to Globell color and delete it

Select Computer again

In same location change InstallDate to 20210604

restart computer

Please confirm if its working for the others

derrapf
    Participant

Hi

I found
    DisplayVersion = 1.0.1195

and

Version = 1.0.1195

There is also a node called “globellColor 1.0.1195”

What to do with then? Just leave as they are?

Ralf

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS