Proper correction when calibrating MSI MAG274QRF-QD

Home Forums Help and Support Proper correction when calibrating MSI MAG274QRF-QD

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ironhalo
    Participant

Hi all,

Im having issues calibrating my MSI monitor. I’m not sure which correction to use. I have tried the WLED phospo family, 94% p3 and the QLED (Samsung q9) correction because it’s a quantum dot panel. In each case the panel has a yellowish hue when showing whites. Am I using the correct correction or do my eyes just like a cooler tone? Please help!

Vincent
    Participant

Buy or rent an spectrophotometer and make a CCSS (3nm mode), or while some one creates that CCSS for your model use visual whitepoint editor (and use relative intents with LUT3D creation)

Ironhalo
    Participant

Hi Vincent thank you for the reply. I tried the CCSS made for my specific monitor that was uploaded on the database. It still makes whites look green-yellowish. Maybe it's just my eyes... Wouldn't the qled correction be best since it's a quantum dot panel?

Vincent
    Participant

It’s not panel, it’s backlight… and it doe snot matter what manufacturer says. It only matters what an spectro read says (unless it was forged and uploaded to database)

Ironhalo
    Participant

So just to confirm if you were in my position and you didn’t want to buy or rent a spectro you would just load the CCSS file for this specific monitor as a correction and calibrate from that? (Sorry I’m still very new to this)

Vincent
    Participant

Plot it, “i” button. IDNK what shape it has. Or put URL here.

Ironhalo
    Participant

I’ve attached the profile info post calibration. Is this what you’re looking for?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

No,

Plot it, “i” button. IDNK what shape it has. Or put URL here.

CCSS

Ironhalo
    Participant

death0serpent
    Participant

Hey there Ironhalo! I seem to have encountered the same issue – I don’t know what to choose in the “Correction” Drop Down.

do know it’s an AU Optronics produced panel vs. the usual Samsung/LG produced so that maybe takes you closer to a solution? Would love to hear if you sorted it out somehow!

Cheers!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS