profiling samsung g7 with x-rite colormunki display

Home Forums Help and Support profiling samsung g7 with x-rite colormunki display

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zunderholz
    Participant

I’m profiling a Samsung G7 with an x-rite colormunki display. I set the correction to “Spectral: LCD Quantum Dot LED (Samsung QLED Q9)” because this display is supposed to be have Samsung’s quantum dot layer. I think that is correct. When I do the interactive adjustment for RGB gain it’s quite a bit different than if I left the correction on Auto.

With the QLED correction I end up with R/G/B controls on 47/50/47. If I leave the correction on Auto, the controls looked something like 50/50/48 (can’t remember), which is the only reason I was doubting if I had the correction set properly, since that would be very close to the default settings on the display.

I’m generating an icc for use with novideo_srgb
    Left all monitor settings at defaults except for RGB gain, brightness and sharpness
    Calibration settings: observer 1931 2 degrees, everything “As measured”
    Profiling settings: Curves + matrix, black compensation off, profile quality high, custom testchart
    Test chart: “Single channel” = 21, “Neutral” = 256, “Multidimensional” = 5, white patches = 4,  black patches= 4

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

I’m profiling a Samsung G7 with an x-rite colormunki display. I set the correction to “Spectral: LCD Quantum Dot LED (Samsung QLED Q9)” because this display is supposed to be have Samsung’s quantum dot layer. I think that is correct.

Not exactly, that CCSS describes a P3 QLED. IDNK if your QLED is the same. Try to measure  RGB primaries with taht CCSS and compare them to P3.
    DIsplayCAL colorimeter database has some AdobeRGB green QLED (some Asus PG models)

When I do the interactive adjustment for RGB gain it’s quite a bit different than if I left the correction on Auto.

= no correction, expected to be different.

zunderholz
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the easiest way to measure primaries is to use the “testchart for colorimeter correction”?

I did notice you can download corrections, but I don’t know what the source is to know how they were created. There are some spectral ones for ColorMunki with this display Samsung LC27G7xT.

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the easiest way to measure primaries is to use the “testchart for colorimeter correction”?

Report on uncalibrated display

I did notice you can download corrections, but I don’t know what the source is to know how they were created. There are some spectral ones for ColorMunki with this display Samsung LC27G7xT.

For example,
    https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/hash/bd4608d94adfce27b366fc8e11492a61/Samsung%20LC27G7xT%20Odyssey%20G7%20%28i1%20Pro%29.ccss
    almost P3 QLED, so you do not need to measure primaries. It is not very different from QLED TV sample.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS