Profiles Seemingly Not Loading On Two Out of Three Monitors Using Dell 600M Dock

Home Forums Help and Support Profiles Seemingly Not Loading On Two Out of Three Monitors Using Dell 600M Dock

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jintoreedwine
    Participant

Hello,

I am new to color calibration — so it’s totally possible I’m just making some newbie mistake, but I’ve played around with this for hours and Googled/searched these forums and I came up empty on solutions.

My setup is as follows: Windows 10, Dell XPS Laptop, Dell 600M Docking Station (using USB-C), Three monitors total, two using DisplayPort output and one using HDMI output.

I ran color calibration on all three monitors, however it seems only the monitor on the HDMI output actually respects the color calibration. When I finished the calibration on both of the DisplayPort outputs the “Show Preview” checkbox did nothing whether it was checked or not. I ran several follow-up calibrations on both monitors and it seemed to make no difference what-so-ever. These are just standard ViewSonic 24″ LCD monitors — nothing special — so I would not expect them to be anywhere near perfectly calibrated from the factory and the difference the calibration made on the HDMI output monitor was incredible, so I would at least expect _some_ noticeable difference from the other two panels.

All that said, perhaps I just don’t fully understand what is going on. What next steps should I take to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by jintoreedwine.

jintoreedwine
    Participant

Ok — so — update on this. I’m an idiot and I actually have a Dell D6000 dock. After Googling around for THE CORRECT DOCK — it turns out that it just doesn’t support what DisplayCal needs to work. So, problem solved, kind of. I’m still not sure why the HDMI output works when the DisplayPort ones don’t — but it is what it is I guess.

Anyway, sorry to waste everyone’s time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS