Profile Loader vs. Windows Calibration loader

Home Forums Help and Support Profile Loader vs. Windows Calibration loader

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lockjaw333
    Participant

Hi Florian,

Is there a difference between letting DisplayCal handle the profile loading and letting Windows do it?

I selected to allow Windows to handle during installation, and I now can’t find the option to turn the profile loader back on in the system tray. Where is that option located?

Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is there a difference between letting DisplayCal handle the profile loading and letting Windows do it?

Yes, the former is more accurate.

I selected to allow Windows to handle during installation, and I now can’t find the option to turn the profile loader back on in the system tray.

Disable windows calibration in Windows color management advanced settings, then launch the DisplayCAL profile loader as admin.

Lockjaw333
    Participant

I don’t have the displaycal profile loader in the system tray. Is it available from within the software menus?

I could also reinstall so that I get the prompt asking me if I want to use it again.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes, it’s in the start menu. Reinstall is also an option, but not needed.

Lockjaw333
    Participant

Thanks!

Riekopo
    Participant

I calibrated my old Pixio PX276h and chose to let DisplayCAL do the loading. However, now when I use my PC I have DisplayCAL loader always running and the tooltip is saying it’s loading the profile hundreds of times. Is that normal?

I don’t like having extra background things running on my PC. Can I disable the DisplayCAL loader and let Windows 10 do it? Will that affect the quality of the ICC profile?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS