Profile loader not working ASUS

Home Forums Help and Support Profile loader not working ASUS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Ktbtbtb
    Participant

Hello, I hope somebody can help me because i’m literally trying every existing fix on the web but nothing seems to work.

I recently bought an Asus zenbook pro 15 oled, it runs windows 11 and trying to hold the color calibration has been a pain untill now.

I own a spyder X , not the most accurate device for this kind of display, but it is what it is.

First time i tried to calibrate the new laptop, ran DisplayCal using generic mode and white level drift compensation, scored 99.9 srgb and around 96 adobe rgb, and colors are kinda consistent between my laptop, smartphone and external IPS monitor (considering the difference between ips technology and oled, cant complain)

Everything is fine untill the laptop goes to sleep mode or turned off, as soon as I wake him up the calibration is gone and the profile loader icon grayed out,  showing the message “Calibration loading is handled by the operating system”.

Really weird because during the DisplayCal installation i checked the box to allow him to manage the color profiles/calibration.

by the way, first thing I tried to do was going to: ” Color managment – advanced – change system defaults – advanced” to unchek  “Use windows display calibration”.

It worked, but again, everytime the laptop goes in sleep mode or turned off the calibration resets iteslf to this standard asus ICM profile, i also tried to remove it, but it spawns again reboot after reboot.

Then i started looking on the web for a fix, i tried to disable the calibration loader on the task scheduler but didn’t work.

Tried detleting all the defaults ICM files in the Asus folder (they keep spawning back)

I have read something about AsusSplendid related to this problem (that’s why i detleted all the icm files on that folder), but due the respawning the only solution seems to be unistalling MyAsus software, and it’s not an option because i have warranty, battery and Oled protection settings enabled on that application

Tried nvidia control panel settings, but there are only 3d settings due the double GPU, so all this stuff is managed by AMD.

Tried looking on the AMD software but didn’t found anyting related to display calibration.

Tried setting the last displaycal calibration profile as standard color profile  in windows color default  and WCS profile for ICC in ” viewing condition profile “.

Nothing worked, everytime I turn the pc on colors are off and I have to uncheck manually the box in color managment.

Anyone has an idea?  This is so frustrating, last time on a big e-commerce shooting I had to bring my desktop with the external monitor to shoot thetered to CaptureOne 🙁

Sorry in advance for my poor english , it’s my second lenguage , I hope everything is understendable

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Kuba Trybowski
    Participant

The profile loader is blocked by MyAsus Splendid.

Unfotunately, even if you remove Splendid, it will be automatically reinstalled after some time.

Your best option is to stick to the system profile loader, as it’s pretty much impossible to permanently remove Splendid.

Ktbtbtb
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Kuba.

Can I at least set the calibrated profile on the system profile loader?

Even if i select my custom ICC profile on the color management window, after the reboot it goes back to that strange yellowish asus ICM profile.

Is it because I still have the calibration loader disabled from the task scheduler?

Kuba Trybowski
    Participant

Yes, most likely

Re-eneble the system profile loeder in Task Scheduler and make sure that “Use Windows display calibration” is checked.

Ktbtbtb
    Participant

make sure that “Use Windows display calibration” is checked.

well, that’s the point of the problem, it continues to auto check itself hahahahahaha

By the way, i’ve enabled the system profile loader in task scheduler, also scheduled to re-apply the profile every 10 minutes, but if i uncheck the “use windows display calibration” box i notice that the profile applied by windows is the asus standard, even if i’ve set the custom calibration as default

Ktbtbtb
    Participant

Little update: I am more confused than before!

I’ve disabled again the system profile loader and tried another fix found on reddit,  the second one.

I’ve noticed that the name of the display, on color managment window,  changed from “myasus_splendid” to “integrated”!

I had a feeling this was the right fix, but it keeps to autocheck the “use windows display calibration” box.

Maybe the problem is not splendid?

Ktbtbtb
    Participant

PROBLEM SOLVED

Go to C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ASUS System Control Interface\ASUSOptimization\Splendid

Inside there you will find a .sys file with your username, open it with the notepad and change the value CMDEFICMExist=YES to CMDEFICMExist=NO as well as for the value ICMEXISTS.

Save the changes then right click the .sys file and change its properties to read only.

Reboot the system and splendid will be off!

reddit link if u want to thank the guy, he saved me and every asus owner

Ktbtbtb
    Participant

Ok, it’s not working 🙁

for some reason  now the profile loader is working and  “use windows display calibration” is unchecked, but averytime i reboot a new asus icm profile will be set as default in color managment, and now the”

This makes no sense, just WHY asus?

Kuba Trybowski
    Participant

“Use Windows display calibration” must be checked, not unchecked.

Ktbtbtb
    Participant

Why?

Actually as soon as I check “use windows display calibration” the profile loader stop working.

I started to uncheck it because Florian suggested to do it to a member with a similiar problem!

By the way i think the problem is solved,  i’ve rebooted 4/5 times and the profile loader is working, windows is not automatically swapping the color profile with the asus default one and everyting’s fine.

For me worked this procedure: editing the .sys file in Splendid folder and changing properties in read only ->  fully unistall integrated gpu + display drivers -> repairing myasus app

I also used Rapr to unistall a driver called myasus_splendid.inf  under the section “extensions”, i don’t know if this actually made a difference, but after this procedure my display name in Color Management changed from “myasus_spendid display” to “integrated monitor”

for more detailed info check the reddit links i’ve posted above!

mockmoon
    Participant

Asus Armoury Crate drops  “use windows display calibration” to uncheked after reboot. So i make bat file, create link to it with “Run As Administrator” in prorerties. And repeat task to run link file every 2 hours in Task Scheduler.

@echo off
    chcp 1251
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM\Calibration" /v CalibrationManagementEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM\Calibration" /v CalibrationManagementEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    exit
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS