Profile Loader Gamma Bug with Two Monitors

Home Forums Help and Support Profile Loader Gamma Bug with Two Monitors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Martin Winkelmann
    Participant

GPU: Nvidia 980ti (Main Monitor) and 960 (Second Monitor and PhysX)

Monitors: LG 34GK950F and Samsung SyncMaster SA300

Calibration Device: i1 Display Pro

I calibrated both and everything went fine until suddenly the gamma on the SA300 (second monitor) visibly increased.

I tried:

• Plugging the SA300 into the 980ti GPU (Worked temporarily, shows that color profile and display settings are not the issue, now this also doesn’t work anymore)
    • Restarting (no effect except in one situation).
    • Plugging the 34GK950F out and back in (This made the gamma on the SA300 even worse, fixed by restart as previously mentioned).
    • Disabled i1ProfilerTray and XRgamma autoruns from the i1Profiler application (Didn’t help, I think the DisplayCAL profile loader disables the anyway?).

Enabling manual control and reducing the gamma in the Nvidia control panel only works until the profile is reloaded by the profile loader.

Any ideas?

Update: I also disabled the “X-Rite Device Services Manager”, didn’t fix it either.

Update 2: I managed to find a temporary fix for now, I disabled “use my settings for this display device” in the profile associations, rebooted and now it is fixed, I’ll have to see how long it remains that way!

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Martin Winkelmann
    Participant

(I can’t edit the post anymore so I am posting this as a reply)

Just to clarify really quick: After rebooting with “use my settings for this display device” turned off (which fixed the gamma), I enabled custom color profiles again and the profile works, the bug hasn’t reoccurred in the last two hours.

I’ll keep an eye on it, maybe it was just some weird glitch and it’s fully fixed now.

Martin Winkelmann
    Participant

Update: Happened again after waking up PC from hibernate.

Any ideas what to try to fix it permanently? (Just a solution that doesn’t require a restart would be fine for now)

Martin Winkelmann
    Participant

I really wish it was possible to edit older comments!

I finally found an acceptable workaround for when it happens (I am now fairly certain it gets initially triggered by hibernating the machine):

• Open profile associations.
    • Disable custom profiles.
    • Press CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+B (the screen will flash for a second and you will hear a beep sound, pressing this combination resets your graphics driver) – Note: Anything else that resets the driver works too, including putting the machine into sleep/energy saving mode and waking it up again.
    • Enable custom profiles.
    • Should be temporarily fixed.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS