Profile installation and colord error

Home Forums Help and Support Profile installation and colord error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Girafenaine
    Participant

Hello,

When I create a profile with DisplayCAL and a Spyder5 and then want to install it, it returns:

• ArgyllCMS : validate
    • colord : querying for profile “icc-77a66ca8658f8af64987906abd9e6a58” returned no result for 20 secs.
    • Profile charger : validate

I use Darktable and can see that it uses colord to find profiles. Is the installation process error worrying ? I am on LinuxMint 19, xfce edition.

2. After having installed my profile (with the above error message concerning colord), under Darktable I can choose “system profile”, or specifically the icc profile file I want. I tried both and could not see any difference. Is there a better way to make Darktable to use the desired screen profile ?

3. What colord is used for ?

Girafenaine

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I use Darktable and can see that it uses colord to find profiles. Is the installation process error worrying ? I am on LinuxMint 19, xfce edition.

you may need to install xiccd (X color profile daemon).

What colord is used for ?

See the colord page on freedesktop.org for more information.

Girafenaine
    Participant

Hello Florian,

Thank you for your answer and the link. I installed xiccd, and after two reboot, I don’t get the error message.

I don’t know if it’s better regarding the icc profile use by applications, but it seems OK !

Girafenaine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS