Profile Flickering on Hardware Changes

Home Forums Help and Support Profile Flickering on Hardware Changes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

randyklein
    Participant

I’m using displaycal profile loader set to automatically fix profile associations on a windows 10 computer.  Recently (I’m not exactly sure what changed), the calibration profile has been flickering every few minutes.  It seems like it happens when I open applications and change hardware.  For example, if I disable the bluetooth, the profile will revert back to the original profile for about a full second.   If I go into the Windows profile management tool and disable the bluetooth, I get a popup message that hardware has changed and the profile needs to be refreshed.

I’ve been troubleshooting for hours with no luck.  I’ve tried reinstalling drivers (bluetooth, video, chipset), I’ve tried disabling some services (display software, bluetooth), but I’m not having any success.  Does anyone have any good recommendations to troubleshoot further to find the culprit?  Thanks!

Allie
    Participant

This has been a Windows 10/Intel Graphics issue for an age (since 1803, so all of the last three major Windows releases) and shows no sign of ever getting fixed/a fix planned at all, unfortunately.

It isn’t a DisplayCAL issue – it affects all calibration software. The Windows Display Calibration is probably the quickest to reload, but that can actually be more distracting as you can have multiple quick flickers rather than the one second wait.

Allie
    Participant

Just an update… switched to the Insider Fast Ring last night (20H1 development branch) and this is *finally* fixed (same Intel graphics driver, so it’s not that). Hopefully this gets backported to 1903 and we don’t have to wait to 2020 for a fix in stable…

Alexander Ivantchev
    Participant

Thanks, started happening to me after moving to 1903 and the latest Intel driver.

Alexander Ivantchev
    Participant

I think it’s fixed for me with KB4501375

http://support.microsoft.com/help/4501375

“Addresses an issue that may cause Night light, Color Management profiles, or gamma correction to stop working after shutting down a device. “

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS