Profile association lost sometimes

Home Forums Help and Support Profile association lost sometimes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hannes
    Participant

Hi!

I’m using DisplayCAL 3.7 and the profile loader in Windows 10 x64.

I have two display devices, a LCD monitor connected by DVI and a projector connected by HDMI, same GPU (AMD R7 250).

I have two color profiles created by DisplayCAL and I have associated them by using the profile loader.

They are associated right and “automatically repair associations” (don´t know how it is called exactly in the English version, I’m using the German translation) is ticked.

This works some time, but sometimes the following happens:

The association for the LCD monitor stays correct, but the association for the projector is wrong.

The projector gets the profile for the LCD monitor additionally added, so the projector now has two color profiles. And the wrong one additionally gets the standard one.

Manual solution is to simply delete the additional profile (in the projector’s associations), then the whole procedure starts again, maybe after some days or weeks.

This  problem shows up when updating the AMD display driver (that case I understand) but also without an obvious reason (like OS updates,…)

It is not a very big problem, but I don´t always check the associations in the profile loader, so sometimes I´m watching a movie on my projector with wrong colors 😉

Maybe some hints?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When an OS or driver update changes the associations around, there’s not really anything that can be done about it other than checking associations after each update.

Hannes
    Participant

Yes.

But I have the impression that the associations get wrong beside Windows updates and driver updates (but I don´t know the trigger).

I´m doing the driver updates manually maybe twice a year and the Windows functional updates twice a year. In these situations the associations change and I know that.

I´m not so sure about ‘normal’ Windows updates (security patches,…).

Why should they change the associations? And if so, why are my personal settings and preferences not respected by these updates?

Seems to be something that Microsoft has to be blamed…

It´s a bit of a shame because I´m well aware of the fact that you definetly invested some time into the feature of the associations through DisplayCAL according to the changelog and then Microsoft or whatever disturbs this effort.

I´ve discovered the given problem maybe ten times a year (if only discovered once I wouldn´t have mentioned it here in the forum).

Additionally I´m not aware of many people reporting this issue, so maybe it´s a particular problem of my personal setup, who knows…

I will live with it for sure, it’s only out of the view of a home cinema enthusiast aiming for as much perfection as possible 😉

Hannes
    Participant

Short feedback about the described problem: It seems to be fixed in the meantime. For a couple of months the problem hasn´t shown up even once now. Either it was a fix within DisplayCAL (I always use the current version) or a fix by a Microsoft update.

Before it showed up regularly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS