Problems Calibrating (Kelvin)

Home Forums Help and Support Problems Calibrating (Kelvin)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John P
    Participant

Hi,

I have dual  Eizo EV2436W monitors which I am having a small problem in calibrating the Kelvin.

I went into my primary monitor and turned off  Temperature then proceeded to calibrate with DisplayCal. In the calibration tab I set my colour temperature to 6500, my white level to 80 and my gamma to 2.2 and then calibrated. when I had finished calibrating my monitor had a blue tinge to so I went into my monitor settings and turned the temperature to 6500 and the monitor was perfect so then I left it on 6500 and recalibrated again and the colour had a bluish tinge again and I went back into my monitor settings and DisplayCal had turned off temperature in the monitor settings. can anyone suggest why the monitor is not calibrating to 6500 and why it turns it off in my monitor settings please? Thank you very much! (Settings attached)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by John P.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by John P.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Correction none. It’s a White LED but your merasurement device is innacurate so it’s pointless to fix whitepoint with it.

John P
    Participant

Correction none. It’s a White LED but your merasurement device is innacurate so it’s pointless to fix whitepoint with it.

Thanks Vincent!! A bit confused to why my Spyder software nails it perfectly every time?

Vincent
    Participant

A) you are not using colorimeter correction DisplayCAL, hence all measurements you made with DisplayCAL are wrong. It’s user’s fault

B) Even using correction, the bundled one in the device (White LED), measured coordinates are “false” because device is innacurate. So it is not nailing it.

You need to buy a new colorimeter like i1d3 family from Xrite.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS