Problem trying calibration of eizo monitor threw Resolve with DisplayCal

Home Forums Help and Support Problem trying calibration of eizo monitor threw Resolve with DisplayCal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tirnitram
    Participant

Hi !

I’m trying to calibrate my external monitor threw Resolve with DisplayCAL. I have a MacPro mid 2012, a Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 3D+, 3G-SDI output, Blackmagic Converter 3G-SDI to HDMI,  External Monitor is an Eizo CG246 (HDMI). DisplayCAL 3.5.2, and Resolve 14.

Calibration instrument : X-Rite i1 Display Pro

When I click on Calibrate and Prolfile in DisplayCAL, it says “waiting for connexion” with my IP. Then I go in Resolve / Workspace / Monitor Calibration / Spectral Calman, i connect Resolve to DisplayCAL… It connects, and the window Measurement Area appears, BUT on my working monitor (Dell), not on my external Monitor (Eizo). And if I start the process, of course, with the i1 Display Pro set on the Eizo, it fails : the Interactive Display adjustment appears for the first time (on the Dell), and the process starts automatically, but it quickly says : “The measurement failed because the instrument sensor is in the wrong position. Please correct the sensor position, then click ok to continue”. But I can’t achieve to have the Measurement area on the right monitor (external Eizo).

It would be sooooo nice if someone could help me !

Thanks

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

When I click on Calibrate and Prolfile in DisplayCAL, it says “waiting for connexion” with my IP. Then I go in Resolve / Workspace / Monitor Calibration / Spectral Calman, i connect Resolve to DisplayCAL

Note that you need to be on the “Color” tab in Resolve for the external monitor to eventually receive the test patches, and that the initial measurement area on your desktop is mirrored to Resolve only after you click “Start measurement”.

“The measurement failed because the instrument sensor is in the wrong position. Please correct the sensor position, then click ok to continue”. But I can’t achieve to have the Measurement area on the right monitor (external Eizo).

This message is something entirely unrelated to measurement area position: The instrument in your case has a diffuser cap that needs to be rotated back to expose the sensor’s lens.

tirnitram
    Participant

Tahnk you so much for answering Florian !

You’re right, i put the instrument in the wrong position, didn’t see you could turn a ring around it… it’s not obvious at all, it was the first time i used such an instrument. no Manual in the box 🙂

And there was another problem, when i went back to displayyCAL for starting the process, after connexion between Resolve and DisplayCAL,  Resolve stopped to communicate with the Eizo, so the color charts did not appear on the Eizo. I solved it using a laptop for displayCAL, and leaving the Mac Pro on Resolve. (did not have to go to DisplayCAL on the Mac Pro / no Eizo extinction due to the soft change) It must be a problem with the settings of my DeckLink, in the System Preferences, or in the Resolve Preferences I guess…

Thanks again !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS