Problem Matrix Profile

Home Forums Help and Support Problem Matrix Profile

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Alright. Measurements seem fine, as does the resulting colorimeter correction.

tecnezio
    Participant

In the first series of annexes “i1 DisplayPro, ColorMunki Display & Resolve – 1/3” I was wrong and I duplicated them.
    I can not remove duplicates, I’m sorry.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

tecnezio
    Participant

Alright. Measurements seem fine, as does the resulting colorimeter correction.

Ah, ok!
    In fact, with the same identical workflow and probes (colorimeter and spectro) I obtained perfect results on another OLED model (Odyssey 7Q+).
    See you the attachment please.
    But if everything is normal I do not understand how Ted managed to get a perfect correction of an OLED LG E6 using Chromasurf, Klein and Jeti?
    If the “problem” is the TV would not even he had to get similar results to my although he uses different programs?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by tecnezio.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

But if everything is normal I do not understand how Ted managed to get a perfect correction of an OLED LG E6 using Chromasurf, Klein and Jeti?

Different instrument(s), and TV manufacturing tolerances. Also, he probably wasn’t driving the TV through Resolve (even though that is an unknown and just my assumption). Make sure that your display update delay is set suitably in DisplayCAL (the default is 600ms) for Resolve’s inherent delay on your specific machine.

tecnezio
    Participant

I also tried out Resolve, by directly connecting the Mac to the TV, but the results were equal. However, with Resolve always use the 600 delay, I also tried to modify it without significant differences. I do not know whether to be disappointed with this TV since you can not profile with decent equipment. Basically what that means? that to get a good profile must spend 10,000 Euro of equipment? Then it seems to me absurd that such a popular TV I am the only one to bring this result with your program, possible that nobody wants to compare its results with DisplayCal? almost all users profile with Calman and it is still waiting for the bugfixes about matrix profile?!

Thanks always your availability Florian

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I also tried out Resolve, by directly connecting the Mac to the TV, but the results were equal.

Ok, that’s good, because it means the result is consistent (like it should be).

I do not know whether to be disappointed with this TV since you can not profile with decent equipment.

So far I have seen no indication why it wouldn’t be possible to work with what you got.

Then it seems to me absurd that such a popular TV seems to me that I am the only one to bring this result with your program, possible that nobody wants to compare its results with DisplayCal?

Shouldn’t really matter which program to use when it comes down to the raw measurements (within instrument and display tolerances). If you want people to be able to do comparisons, you have to provide them with the measurement data, because obviously they don’t have access to your particular display.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS