Problem calibrating Dell U2515H

Home Forums Help and Support Problem calibrating Dell U2515H

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

RicBel
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been trying to calibrate my Dell U2515H for months without success. Been doing everything right from what I read on this forum. The problem is that when I open a photo on Photoshop and windows picture visualizer (windows 7) it looks great but when I set it to the desktop background the color has nothing to do from what I edited on photoshop, it looks way more red and saturated, same thing happens on the browser. I always convert my pictures to sRGB after editing.

I used the settings of Office & Web (D65, gamma 2.2), display Dell U2515H, Instrument Syper 5 (what I have), mode Refresh (generic) and on the correction Spectral: LCD White LED IPS (DELL U2515H (i1 Pro))

WolfPeace
    Participant

Judging from what you said, what you call a problem is not from DisplayCal or wrong settings. The issue is that Windows Desktop background  and your browser seem to not be color managed. From how I see it, you have 2 options:

1. Live with problematic backgrounds, and as for browser start using Firefox, go to about:config type in search bar gfx.color and change gfx.color_management.mode to 1. This should show you same look of a picture like in Photoshop.
    2. SoftProof the image you want for background in Photoshop with MonitorRGB and edit it to your liking, this proofing will not be color managed like windows desktop background.

Regards,

Milos

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS