Preserve calibration state causes stuttering

Home Forums Help and Support Preserve calibration state causes stuttering

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Omelette
    Participant

I’ve noticed some important stuttering in my laptop, and It’s caused by the “Preserve calibration state” option of the DisplayCAL Profile Loader.

Is there any way to load the calibration only once when I power on my computer, and not keep loading it every couple of seconds? By the way, my laptop has a i5-5200U processor, which is pretty new. Maybe isn’t normal to suffer such stuttering.

Thanks a lot.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve noticed some important stuttering in my laptop, and It’s caused by the “Preserve calibration state” option of the DisplayCAL Profile Loader.

Interesting. I wouldn’t have expected that, maybe the builtin Intel graphics is the bottleneck in your case.

Is there any way to load the calibration only once when I power on my computer, and not keep loading it every couple of seconds?

Yes. Open up the Windows task scheduler, there should be a task “DisplayCAL Profile Loader Launcher”. Double-click to edit, then on the “Actions” tab, edit the existing action:

If you’re using the standalone version, change the command from C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayCAL\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles-launcher.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayCAL\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.exe
    If you’re using the 0install version, do not change the command being run.

Add --oneshot to the “Arguments” text box.

Apply and close, then right click the task and select “Run”.

Omelette
    Participant

If you’re using the standalone version, change the command from C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayCAL\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles-launcher.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayCAL\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.exe

I’m afraid doing this doesn’t help. I did it, but everything works the same way it was before.

If “Preserve calibration state” is disabled, it wont automatically load the profile when I log in to Windows. I have to manually click “Load calibration from current display device profile(s)”.
    If “Preserve calibration state” is enabled, it will load the calibration automatically, but it will keep loading it every couple of seconds.

Omelette
    Participant

In the last message I was missing to add –oneshot to the “Arguments” text box.

Now I did, but it doesn’t load the calibration anyways.

Omelette
    Participant

Ok, now I managed to get it working. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS