pre calibration

Home Forums Help and Support pre calibration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bela Pesics
    Participant

Hi,

I know calibration images can solve this to some extent but is there a way in DisplayCAL to do a grayscale multi patch check(gamma, grey balance) or something like a saturation sweep with some kind of interactive feedback?

Thanks.

/Bela

Bela Pesics
    Participant

“Report on uncalibrated display device” is somewhat in the direction, but not quite what I’m looking for.

I’ve also found this in the docs but I’m not sure how to execute this: “Add saturation sweeps which are often used in a video or film context to check color saturation. A preconditioning profile needs to be used to enable this.”

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

look at the “verification” tab.

Bela Pesics
    Participant

Thanks Florian, the greybalance verification chart I something I haven’t spotted yet 🙂

I meant something more like the interactive white point & level bit at the beginning of the calibration process (an additional 20-30-80% switch or similar).

If I understand correctly I should be able to do just a saturation sweep check by creating a new testchart, however what is a preconditioning profile?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If I understand correctly I should be able to do just a saturation sweep check by creating a new testchart, however what is a preconditioning profile?

It’s mainly useful for creating optimized test points for profiling, not so much for creating verification charts.

There are already a few charts with saturation sweeps (the “video” ones).

Bela Pesics
    Participant

thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS