Please judge my verification report

Home Forums Help and Support Please judge my verification report

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Steve Smith
    Participant

Florian, would you mind taking a look at the attached verification report to see if I am doing things correctly… (Did I get a good result?)

It seems that cyan and yellow are problematic.

What about the discrepancies in the color temp graph?

What about discrepancies in the gamma graph?

Brightness and contrast were dialed in perfectly prior to calibration\profile creation…As was color temperature.

Note, could these errors be due to a lowered “Color” setting on the  HDTV during pre-calibration. (Not enough color to produce the full RGB gamut?) The gamut graph shows 97% coverage with 105% volume, but lacking in the blue area…. If I turn up the color before calibrating\profiling I get more coverage and fewer errors, however, the un color-manged windows desktop looks horribly over-saturated (Red)… So I’m trying to strike a balance between color managed and un color managed applications.

I calibrated an inexpensive HDTV then ran an”Extra large verification test chart”

Thank you for your expert analytical advice.

🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Overall the report looks pretty good despite the one outlier.

Steve Smith
    Participant

Thanks…Could you please tell me how to completely uninstall DisplayCal and Argyle so that a fresh install of both WILL NOT have any Cary over files or folders. Or anything else saved by both programs.

I need to know that a fresh install will be completely unaffected by the previous install.

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Could you please tell me how to completely uninstall DisplayCal and Argyle so that a fresh install of both WILL NOT have any Cary over files or folders.

Remove the application data folder:

C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\DisplayCAL

If you have imported colorimeter corrections system-wide, remove C:\ProgramData\Argyll, otherwise C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Argyll.

Steve Smith
    Participant

Awesome, thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS