Please help new DisplayCal user re: external monitor

Home Forums Help and Support Please help new DisplayCal user re: external monitor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Carl S.
    Participant

Hello, I have successfully created a nice monitor profile for my Dell 2209WA which I had connected to my laptop (running Windows 10 Pro} during the initial profile creation with a Spyder 5 Pro. I chose to have DisplayCal load the profile upon start-up.

However I may have missed some settings during the profiling because DisplayCal loads the Dell profile to my MSI laptop screen as well.

Is there a way to disable the profile when using the laptop screen or better yet, can I create a separate profile that I can load when using the laptop screen? And how would I choose which to use thru DisplayCal? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

However I may have missed some settings during the profiling because DisplayCal loads the Dell profile to my MSI laptop screen as well.

Right-click the profile loader icon in the task tray and choose “Fix profile associations automatically”.

[…] better yet, can I create a separate profile that I can load when using the laptop screen?

Sure, just calibrate & profile the laptop screen normally through DisplayCAL.

Carl S.
    Participant

Thank you for responding Florian. Love your product. I tried right-clicking the profile loader icon in the task tray and selecting “Fix profile associations automatically” but it is greyed out when using my laptop screen. So I plugged my Dell 2209wa monitor in and it was not greyed out so I selected it this time but as soon as I disconnect my 2209, the profile continues to load when I use the laptop screen. Any other suggestions or did I not do this correctly. Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Are the profile associations correct?

Carl S.
    Participant

Yes, I just have the one profile I created for the external monitor. The laptop does not have a profile. The Displaycal profile is the only profile listed in the Windows Monitor 1 advanced display settings under color management, “profiles associated with this device” when the external monitor is disconnected.  My MSI laptop has what they call MSI True Color which enables you to make various color and brightness adjustments to the screen. If I try to use this adjustment, the Displaycal profile just overrides it.

Should I remove the DisplayCal profile from “profiles associated with this device” when using the laptop screen?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The only way that “fix profile associations” can do its magic is if each display has a profile assigned. If you do not care about color accuracy on the Laptop, you can just assign sRGB.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS