Please help a beginner with settings.. Please?

Home Forums Help and Support Please help a beginner with settings.. Please?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tina M.
    Participant

I would greatly appreciate some help, please.

I am a beginner at calibrating my monitor and it’s extremely confusing to me!

I am a professional photographer looking to calibrate my monitor. I have a 2018 15 inch Macbook Pro and an X-rite Colormunki. Can someone please please help me with settings?

On the very top settings.. Should I choose “Default (Gamma 2.2)” every time I reopen the app? It changes every time I finish a calibration.

For the “Correction” I went to the tools menu and selected “Import colorimeter corrections from other display profiling software” . I don’t see macbook pro 2018. I do see “Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 99% P3 (Macbook Pro Retina 2016)”  Should I choose that or “Spectral: LCD White LED Family (AC, LG or Samsung)” or just “Spectral: LCD  PFS  Phosphur White LED Family”? Or should I leave it at Auto (none)?

For the Calibration Settings…

Should I leave the whitepoint and white level at defaults or should I set the color temperature and white point to a custom level?

What is the best calibration speed setting?

Under Profiling…

Should I set “profile quality” at High? What is the sweet spot for “amount of patches” so it doesn’t take too long but it does a good job as well?

And finally When I opened the displayCAL for the first time it asked me “Do you want to set the profile type to single curve + matrix and enable black point compensation?” Should I select yes?

Thank you so so much in advance!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

On the very top settings.. Should I choose “Default (Gamma 2.2)” every time I reopen the app?

No, that’s not necessary.

“Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 99% P3 (Macbook Pro Retina 2016)” Should I choose that

Yes.

Should I leave the whitepoint and white level at defaults

What is the best calibration speed setting?

Under Profiling…

I recommend using the defaults.

And finally When I opened the displayCAL for the first time it asked me “Do you want to set the profile type to single curve + matrix and enable black point compensation?” Should I select yes?

Yes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS