Pink white

Home Forums Help and Support Pink white

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

I’m under warranty, and have the attention and willingness of the reseller to replace the panel it I need to. That’s why I want to know which files to send to my friend to do the exact same calibration, profiling and verification.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Just send your profile and the testchart you generated. Your friend then has to drag & drop the profile onto the main window (or use “Load settings…”). Similar for the testchart (on the verification tab, drag & drop the testchart on the “Testchart or Reference” dropdown, or use the “Browse…” button).

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

so in theory if I use the the ColorMunki software with black and white point as native, which is same as “as measured” I shall see the same problem?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I would expect so.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

So I have reset the gamma table, turned of the keep state, that should give me a screen that has no correction whatsoever right? Put it at full power, and ran my 256 linear samples grayscale test, and in its Uncalibrated state the last 5 values are cyan and the last one is white.

This hast to be a display hardware issue right? Something must be wrong with the internal gamma table of the screen…  I have my friend running the same test. I discard the measuring device as the issue because I can actually see the error in Photoshop in an unmanaged document.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So I have reset the gamma table, turned of the keep state, that should give me a screen that has no correction whatsoever right?

Atleast no videoLUT correction.

Put it at full power, and ran my 256 linear samples grayscale test, and in its Uncalibrated state the last 5 values are cyan and the last one is white. This hast to be a display hardware issue right?

Did you assign a generic profile (e.g. sRGB) to your display and set DisplayCAL to “<Current>” prior to the test?

This hast to be a display hardware issue right? […] I can actually see the error in Photoshop in an unmanaged document.

Don’t use Photoshop (or any other color managed application) if your goal is to view without any color management, use something like (e.g.) XnViewMP with color management disabled.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

No, I didn’t assigned a generic profile, wouldn’t that affect the reproduction of colors? You mean assign a profile on the windows color management so it gets loaded by your loader? or where??? I thought measuring a screen uncalibrated meant to not use any profile to do so.

Display to “Current” where???

I observe the issue by looking at the results of the Verification on your software, but the default photo viewer of windows 10 is not color managed and I see it too.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You mean assign a profile on the windows color management […]

Yes.

I thought measuring a screen uncalibrated meant to not use any profile to do so.

Uncalibrated just means the videoLUT is linear.

Display to “Current” where???

Under “Settings”.

I observe the issue by looking at the results of the Verification on your software, but the default photo viewer of windows 10 is not color managed and I see it too.

I don’t know about the state of the Windows 10 Photo app, but when I tried it I got the same impression i.e. that it isn’t color managed at all. If you see the greent tint there this would indicate a hardware (panel) issue as you said.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Thanks!

donald24
    Participant

Thanks Florian,

capping the measurement to 95% works perfectly, to avoid pink white/grey. Thanks again.

MW
    Participant

I always double-check any gamma setting in the monitor menus. Values other than the factory default always made these issues worse IME.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS