Photoshop CC 2018 overriding Display Cal profile launcher

Home Forums Help and Support Photoshop CC 2018 overriding Display Cal profile launcher

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Oscar Campos B
    Participant

A week ago, I was working with PS with no problem at all.

One week later, after updating my motherboard driver chipset and a mandatory Windows update I find that whenever I open Photoshop CC 2018, the color profile loader gets overridden by PS. The program launches and colors in my screen change. DisplayCal relaunches profile, changes color to the calibrated profile and then again PS kicks in its “profile”. Here I am stuck in an endless loop of color changes. Everything goes back to normal after I close PS.

Has anyone had the same problem? Is there a way to fix this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Vincent
    Participant

Check if there are other LUT loaders in your system, for example with “autoruns” (MS website).

Also it would help if you post here:
    -Profiles in your system available and asociated to your display (screenshot of color management/”devices” & “advanced” in control panel)
    -Color settings in Photoshop

Oscar Campos B
    Participant

Thanks,

Here I attach screens of settings.

I changed the profile to SRGB default in color management and this behavior stopped, once I get back to a displayCal profile I’ll test again to check if this was what caused it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

It seems that is user’s fault.

Set DisplayCAL profile in Windows color management as default.

I would set in Photoshop under color management policies:

RGB=CMYK=Grey=Keep embebed profiles
    Profile mismatches, Ask when opening = unchecked
    Profile missing, Ask when opening = checked

Oscar Campos B
    Participant

From further usage, and after trying Vincent set-up, I found that this is a PS issue.

DisplayCal tries to get the default profile running as it is supposed to work, but PS overrides everything and they get stuck on a loop.

Even with DisplayCal closed and not running on the background, PS shifts gamma tables on its own in a very strange manner: it removes contrast and brightens the blacks for a few seconds, then it goes back to normal, gradually, and keeps doing this randomly all the time PS is open.

I’ll report back once I get a solution.

Vincent
    Participant

Could it be related to GPU acceleration? In PS settings Performance > Advanced > set to Basic (you can keep enabled use GPU for smooth rotations & zoom)

JohanC0802
    Participant

Hi ,

I’m having exactly the same problem with photoshop  2021 and coreldraw, as described above.
    I’m also using DXO and Adobe Lightroom : these program cause no problems.

How can I solve this issue?

Greetings,
    Johan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS