Philips 276E9Q E-Line

Home Forums General Discussion Philips 276E9Q E-Line

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gufo2k20
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    recently bought the monitor in object……looks good to me but looking for other users experience.
    Calibrated with Displaycal + i1DisplayStudio (correction profile ColorMunki 2021/04 from internet database).
    Coming from a 6 years old Dell U2414H colors looks good and very bright….maybe not so sure about “reds”, looks a bit too much “magenta”.
    Contrast and luminance out of the box are way too strong for a low-light room. Hope this monitor could serve well for some amateur photo editing and gaming (60Hz and 27″FHD is good enough for me).
    Any advice about this monitor will be welcome.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

It looks like a WLED PFS (widegamut ,p3). On non color managed apps all things will look oversaturated: windows office, windows desktop, some video players, games…

On color managed apps like Adobe Suite or (simple matrix profiles) Edge or Firefox (configure it to full color management, googke it) all colors should look ok.

Do not buy widegamut monitors if you have to use non color managed software and that display has not an sRGB mode or HW calibration which can be configured to simulate smaller colorspaces like sRGB. This is a general advice for choosing a display from all possible manufacturers.

gufo2k20
    Participant

>> It looks like a WLED

yes, wanted to try this +120% sRGB……. 🙂

Lr, Ps or C1 looks ok…..on desktop, only some red and cyan icons looks a bit “weird” compared to what i was used to.

Monitor has “sRGB” setting, haven’t tried it yet……

Vincent
    Participant

>> It looks like a WLED

yes, wanted to try this +120% sRGB……. ????

Lr, Ps or C1 looks ok…..on desktop, only some red and cyan icons looks a bit “weird” compared to what i was used to.

Nothing you can do unless you limit display colorspace, like using display saturation controls. Windows desktop is not color managed.
    Use HCFR if you want to limit gamut to sRGB using OSD saturtion controls, easier than with DisplayCAL, same ArgyllCMS under the hood.

Monitor has “sRGB” setting, haven’t tried it yet……

That is another option, but some manufacturer lock brightness controls. I hope that yours doesnt. Also RGB gain controls may be locked, you can correct white leting DisplayCAL correct white in GPU (like in a laptop).

gufo2k20
    Participant

thanks for all the info Vince!! very useful!!

i’ll try out various settings and do more testing…..found very little about this monitor on the web.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS