OS X Safari fullscreen video problem

Home Forums Help and Support OS X Safari fullscreen video problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cube
    Participant

Hello,

I’m on Macbook Pro 15″, and after calibration with DisplayCAL I encountered a problem, where if I enlarge video in Safari to become fullscreen, as soon as the controls fade away something happens to color or gamma I guess.

Im using i1Display and the strange thing is, that color profiles created through their utility dont have this problem. I tried various settings for profiles, but so far was not succesfull. I dont know what to look for, what could cause the problem.

Can someone help me with this please?

Attached the two profiles

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

[…] if I enlarge video in Safari to become fullscreen, as soon as the controls fade away something happens to color or gamma I guess.

It would be useful to know what exactly the problem is…

cube
    Participant

sorry for the late response 🙂

well the overall image color becomes a little darker, or more contrasty. I work as video editor so it i notice it, even though it is slight change

becomes most visible, when there are subtitles in video on vimeo, which are not burned in. the video works fine in firefox, so i guess it must me safari problem after all

cube
    Participant

to be more precise, when the ui elements of the web player / subtitles are on screen the image is darker, the way i think it should be

when they go away the image gets slightly brighter. this is most noticable in blacks ofc

all this i think is a move in gamma

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS