Optimal Settings for TN Panel?

Home Forums General Discussion Optimal Settings for TN Panel?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

b0uncyfr0
    Participant

Hi,

First just want to say a big thanks to the dev’s for such a great tool! I used it about 3-4 years ago on my old ass monitor and it was good , now it’s even better!

I just picked up a TN 1080p panel ( https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/39bb102e) and i’ve calibrated it. Initial results are very good after a 35 minute run.

• Contrast ration of 1130 at 140 cd/m2
    • Gamut coverage from 92 to 106
    • Adobe RGB from 67 to 73
    • DCI P3 from 73 to 75.4

I mainly game and watch movies… if that makes any difference..

Questions:

• I use a Color Munki Display –  should i import anything or/and are there any other setting’s to make it more effective?
    • The panel is using a W-LED so should i be picking ‘WLED FAMILY’ Correction under Display? I used Auto..
    • I didn’t change anything in Calibration except – White Level, Gamma to 2.2 Relative, WP of 6500K. Anything extra i can try?

Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated, and thanks again 🙂

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I use a Color Munki Display – should i import anything or/and are there any other setting’s to make it more effective?

If you are using the installer on macOS or Windows, then there’s no need to import anything.

The panel is using a W-LED so should i be picking ‘WLED FAMILY’ Correction under Display?

That looks to be the right choice.

I didn’t change anything in Calibration except – White Level, Gamma to 2.2 Relative, WP of 6500K. Anything extra i can try?

I would keep those settings.

b0uncyfr0
    Participant

Thanks mate!

mrRandallVon
    Participant

The stipulated size was changed to 80sqm in 2014 for the 13 week rental ESL – law number Ν.4276/2014.

Who told you the 100sqm? Has it changed back to 100sqm? You should check this first.

b0uncyfr0
    Participant

The stipulated size was changed to 80sqm in 2014 for the 13 week rental ESL – law number Ν.4276/2014.

Who told you the 100sqm? Has it changed back to 100sqm? You should check this first.

Mate, i have no idea what you just said.

Back to DispCalGui – I keep getting these error’s from time to time ‘inverting Jacobian failed (3) – falling back’. Not sure why – i saw a previous thread (shorturl.at/ityz8) about it and Florian replied with ‘You didn’t run the instrument calibration when the software asked’.

Could you explain that abit more please ,  and also if i’m getting these error’s – should i be started the calibration from scratch?

Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

‘inverting Jacobian failed (3) – falling back’. Not sure why

In the log? How many occurrences are we talking about? Those are not errors, just warnings, btw. Could indicate a “dead zone” in the display response. Make sure you disable any “dynamic” functionality on the display/OS and that nothing interferes with measurements (other programs, ambient light…).

b0uncyfr0
    Participant

Yes, it mostly comes up whilst in the calibration process. I’m sure nothing is interfering but i  will double-check the OS/display settings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS