Older iMac, white balance?

Home Forums Help and Support Older iMac, white balance?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cacoe
    Participant

Hi all,

Is there any way I can calibrate my older 2009 iMac screen white balance? I’ve managed it perfectly with my Dell monitor but I can control individual RGB settings on there to get the white balance spot on, what about on panels where you don’t have access to the service menu?

Thanks.

cacoe
    Participant

Hi, I’ve done some more reading and realized this is a really common question, so apologies about asking without looking first. Can I instead ask, is there a manual way to shift the calibrated white balance at least to my eye, so it more closely matches another monitor nearby? I know this technically throws accuracy out of the window but as long as I perceive it to be similar, i’ll be happy. As it stands, my main PC monitor is perfectly calibrated and my iMac looks practically dirty, it’s so warm in colour balance in comparison.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

is there a manual way to shift the calibrated white balance at least to my eye, so it more closely matches another monitor nearby?

Yes, see the FAQ sticky thread in this forum.

cacoe
    Participant

So as I read it, if you want to match two monitors, one of which has hardware control, one of which doesn’t, leaves you with the only option of matching the hardware controlled monitor to the non-haedware controlled monitor?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Using the visual whitepoint editor, you can match any display to one another.

cacoe
    Participant

Sweet, I’ll try to figure it out, you’re awesome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS