Official WRGB OLED correction file for the i1Display Pro

Home Forums General Discussion Official WRGB OLED correction file for the i1Display Pro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

cremor
    Participant

I just learned that there is an official WRGB OLED (LG consumer OLED TV) EDR correction file for the i1Display Pro. For some reason it is not included in the i1Profiler installation, but you can get it from LightSpace CMS. It’s called “FSI_XM55U_23Jan19.edr” and you can find some more information about it here: https://www.lightillusion.com/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=8&topic=527
    And here is a post that says it can be copied from the free LightSpace ZRO: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/3042154-2019-lg-oled-calibration-user-settings-no-price-talk-19.html#post58525096

Could you please add this new correction to the list of corrections that are available by default in DisplayCAL for the i1Display Pro?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Careful with that correction: It has been created with the LG in Rec. 709 emulation mode, but you should use a correction with the TV in its native gamut mode (which is close to P3), i.e. the “LG OLED 6-Series” correction.

cremor
    Participant

Are you sure you don’t confuse this new correction with the older one that ships with HCFR? Because here is a post that warns about the exact same Rec.709 thing in the HCFR correction, but also says the new official correction is the most accurate: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/3042154-2019-lg-oled-calibration-user-settings-no-price-talk-19.html#post58525218

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes, 100%.

cremor
    Participant

Thanks for the information! And thanks for mentioning it over at AVS Forum 🙂

So I assume you recommend to use the WRGB OLED correction that comes with DisplayCAL, even if it was created for the 6 series and I own a 9 series?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes. The internal picture processing has evolved in the LG OLEDs, but I don’t think the actual panel spectral characteristics have changed much (or at all). So, the current 6-series correction, despite having been measured with a ColorMunki spectro (although at 3.3 nm high res mode), is currently the best we have (until people contribute specral samples measured with high end meters).

Gellért Ficzere
    Participant

Yes. The internal picture processing has evolved in the LG OLEDs, but I don’t think the actual panel spectral characteristics have changed much (or at all). So, the current 6-series correction, despite having been measured with a ColorMunki spectro (although at 3.3 nm high res mode), is currently the best we have (until people contribute specral samples measured with high end meters).

Is it possibble to get a WOLED .edr file somewhere or to convert the 6-series ccss one to edr format? – to be able to use with calman home for lg – since I thought that is the best option to calibrate the LG E9 even for PC use. (is it?)
    Thank you!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is it possibble to get a WOLED .edr file somewhere or to convert the 6-series ccss one to edr format?

There is an open source tool to convert CCSS to EDR. You can find it on GitHub (search ccss2edr).

Gellért Ficzere
    Participant

Would be great if I could use it with my zero programming experience

Leon Grin
    Participant

Can someone convert  6 series ccss to edr plz?  I cant manage how.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS