Not Seeing Colormunki Smile

Home Forums Help and Support Not Seeing Colormunki Smile

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Charlie12
    Participant

am running Win 10 on an HP Envy desktop with HP Pavilion 23xi monitor. I’ve just got the above colorimeter and installed the latest software from their website. I ran their software but was deeply disappointed with the results; the monitor output brightened a little but when I printed the prints were worse that with the HP defaults, very dark and with a yellow cast. Used Lightroom and had the correct paper profile set up with the printer controlling the output.

Had seen a video on Youtube of using DisplayCAL with the colormunki smile so downloaded from your site and installed. When i fired the sofware up it didn’t find the Smile not even when i clicked on the swirling arrow(2 seconds or thereabouts). I have tried all USB ports, some are USB 3.0 and others USB 2.0. Bearing in mind that the colormunki software found the Smile on a USB 3.0 port, has anyone any idea why the DisplayCAL sofware can’t please?  The PC gives the usual ding-dong of recognition when i plug the Smile in and it’s shown as an item ready to remove in the tray.

All colormunki profile and startup items were disabled and the stock HP profile for the monitor was set prior to trying the DisplayCAL software. All assistance greatly appreciated.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

[…] when I printed the prints were worse that with the HP defaults, very dark and with a yellow cast

Display profiling has nothing to do with printing. The ColorMunki Smile is a colorimeter, only suitable for emissive measurements, if you want to profile your paper and printer (reflective media), you need a spectrometer.

When i fired the sofware up it didn’t find the Smile not even when i clicked on the swirling arrow

There’s a quickstart guide in the documentation (directly under the download links) for a reason. You need to install the Argyll CMS driver for your ColorMunki Smile.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS