Noob question

Home Forums Help and Support Noob question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Zoltan
    Participant

Hello guys,

I´m totally new to Displaycal and after searching the forum and googling still not clear;  How do I calibrate my Panasonic 58DX900 client display ?  How to connect it that displaycal finds it at Display options?  I tried to connect it directly as second monitor of a laptop trough HDMI but I´m sure that Windows not sending accurate color to the screen due to  graphics driver.

What is the workflow and connection options to do this?

Zoltan

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

how do you intend to use the TV? As computer monitor connected to and fed by a (HT)PC, or other source(s) (e.g. BluRay player etc.)? In the latter case, you may want to look at HCFR instead unless you plan to use a 3D LUT box.

Zoltan
    Participant

H Florian,

I use it as a client monitor in my Mistika based grading room. I feed it through Blackmagic Hdlink pro that converts sdi to hdmi and can act as Lut box.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Then you should profile it through the HDlink (set to passthrough i.e. no LUT active). You cannot use the HDlink as pattern generator with DisplayCAL, but you can probably use Resolve to do this, and there’s a “Resolve” preset in DisplayCAL as well. The HDlink utility should be able to import IRIDAS (.cube) 3D LUTs AFAIK (be sure to set 3D LUT size on the 3D LUT tab in DisplayCAL to 17x17x17).

Zoltan
    Participant

Thank you Florian

I think in my case it´s not so simple.  I have resolve on a Mac  that I don´t use for grading  and it only has hdmi out from the Nvidia card.  The Hdlink is fed from Mistika so I don´t see option there.  Maybe I try the resolve way to  generate a cube and profile it with lighspace through Mistika as patch generator.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS