No "projector" in measurement mode

Home Forums Help and Support No "projector" in measurement mode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hercules Pang
    Participant

Hi, I’m using i1Display 3 as my meter. But I don’t find “Projector” in the measurement mode.

In DisplayCal manual I read this: The latter (Projector) is only available if supported by the instrument.

i1Display 3 is capable of profiling projector.  How come I don’t see the option?  Is that because I plug my meter into a usb 3 port? Btw, I tried to switch my meter to a usb 2.0 port but DisplayCal can’t detect the meter, DisplayCal can only detect the meter if I plug it into the usb port that I used when install DisplayCal. Do I have to reinstall DisplayCal to make it work?  Does it means I have to stick with the particular usb port and I can’t switch my meter to other usb port?

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Hercules Pang.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

i1Display 3 is capable of profiling projector. How come I don’t see the option?

Because the i1D3 does not have a designated “Projector” mode. You choose the display technology compensation under “Correction”.

I tried to switch my meter to a usb 2.0 port but DisplayCal can’t detect the meter

Does it show up in Windows device manager?

Do I have to reinstall DisplayCal to make it work?

No.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Hercules Pang
    Participant

Hi, Florian

Thank you for your reply.

I’ve managed to solve the port problem.

For the projector mode, I choose “correction – import colormeter corrections…. – i1 Profiler (checked) and select auto.

After that still no “projector” mode. what should I do?

Another thing is, I read there’s ambient light level black output offset settings available. But after I enable “Show advanced options” those settings not showing up. Did I do anything wrong?

Thank you!

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Hercules Pang.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

After that still no “projector” mode. what should I do?

Because the i1D3 does not have a designated “Projector” mode. You choose the display technology compensation under “Correction”.

Another thing is, I read there’s ambient light level black output offset settings available. But after I enable “Show advanced options” those settings not showing up. Did I do anything wrong?

Black output offset has nothing to do with ambient light, and you shouldn’t be using advanced options that you don’t understand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS