No correction’s available.

Home Forums Help and Support No correction’s available.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

John Rose
    Participant

When trying to calibrate my Viewsonic VP2468, Sceptre P30 gaming monitor, and Dell XPS 9710 laptop screen all three have no correction profiles available and have to select “None”. Everything I read says this part is very important. I found a download from displaycal’s official correction site the app links you to and there is one for the Viewsontic monitor, but it gives an error when trying to open.

John Rose
    Participant

Here are my three monitors. I am unsure how to callibrate these correctly. The XPS17 4k laptop screen r/g/b colors are also way off. The green is almost all the way at the bottom. Whenever I calibrate the Dell XPS17 the whites end up coming out very green. Same result using the software that came with the SpyderX pro I bought. I’ve since deleted and switched over to Displaycal but same green results on the XPS17.
    23.8″ ViewSonic VP2468

Sceptre P30 gaming monitor

Dell XPS17 9710

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by John Rose.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

John Rose
    Participant

Vincent
    Participant

For Xrite’s i1d3 family of colorimeters and using bundled CCSS corrections:

-White LED IPS  (VP2468)
    -Sceptre C305B, buy or rent an spectrophotometer and measure it, or try to figure it generatin an EDID based ICC with DIsplaycal (File, generate profie from EDID), sRGB-like use White LED as above, P3-like maybe a WLED PFS phosphor 94% P3, adobergb green but P3 red then maybe a QLED.
    -DEL XPS, same as above but if it is not an OLED but have AdobeRGB green and P3 red use WLED PFS phoshor for HP Z24x G2.

Vincent
    Participant

Also if you worry about oversaturated images in non color managed apps like games, take a look on dogelition’s DWM LUT. LUT3D used on that program can be generated with DisplayCAL: IRIDAS cube format, source sRGB (or Rec709) with gamma 2.2 (or whatever you want), destination custom profile created with Displaycal for each display. If you want to keep display white as is, use “relative colorimetric” intent.

John Rose
    Participant

What about no corrections listed to select? It only has the option for none.

Patrick1978
    Participant

The Spyders don’t use those correction files, or at least I know the 4 & 5 didn’t. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think the Spyder X does either.

They use a couple built in measurement modes that is selected from the drop down to the right of the instrument selection.

If that is empty go to  Menu bar  Tools > Correction > Import colorimeter corrections from other display profiling software…

Because of the limited nature of those measurement modes Spyders aren’t suitable for some types of backlights.  Unless you also have or rent a spectrometer and create your own non-portable correction that is only for your colorimeter and monitor combo.

If you can return the Spyder and buy one of the X-Rite colorimeters I’d recommend doing that.  They are more flexible in what types of display you can use with them because of their support of colorimeter corrections, they are better at reading dark patches, and are known to have long lasting filters.

John Rose
    Participant

Sounds good, I will return it. Which calibrator do you recommend?

John Rose
    Participant

The Spyders don’t use those correction files, or at least I know the 4 & 5 didn’t. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think the Spyder X does either.

They use a couple built in measurement modes that is selected from the drop down to the right of the instrument selection.

If that is empty go to  Menu bar  Tools > Correction > Import colorimeter corrections from other display profiling software…

Because of the limited nature of those measurement modes Spyders aren’t suitable for some types of backlights.  Unless you also have or rent a spectrometer and create your own non-portable correction that is only for your colorimeter and monitor combo.

If you can return the Spyder and buy one of the X-Rite colorimeters I’d recommend doing that.  They are more flexible in what types of display you can use with them because of their support of colorimeter corrections, they are better at reading dark patches, and are known to have long lasting filters.

Should I go with the i1Display Pro or i1Display Studio? I have me three monitors listed in a post on this thread.

Vincent
    Participant

Since ViewSonic VP2468 has HW calibration with Viewsonic app… it has to e the i1displaypro if you want to use that software (or any other monitor with HW calibration).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS