Newbie very 1st calibration help

Home Forums Help and Support Newbie very 1st calibration help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Nerscyra
    Participant

Greetings! I’m a total newbie calibrationg my dual monitor setup for the very first time and I could really use some help as I’m feeling like a fish out of water.

I have 2 different monitors, a HP P22h G5 as a main and a XP-PEN Artist 12 graphic tablet as secondary . My goal is to archieve (true to printing) matching colors between them as they’re used for graphic design. I have a rather basic tech knowledge so I’m completely lost on what settings, correction, etc. apply. I’m using a Spyder 3 pro for reference.

Recommendations and a quick step by step guide from start to finish would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by Nerscyra.
    • This topic was modified 5 months ago by Nerscyra.
    • This topic was modified 5 months ago by Nerscyra. Reason: grammar
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

S Simeonov
    Participant

Spyder is way too old and inaccurate device, better get x-rite ones.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by S Simeonov.

Nerscyra
    Participant

I know the Spyder 3 isn’t the best option but gotta make do with what I have.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Nerscyra.

Vincent
    Participant

As S Simeonov said, you can trust that device, is innacurate. And old paperweight.
    Anyway if you want to use it do not trust white measurement, get white point by visual approach, then “trust” that such innacurate device will not color the very dark greys and calibrate to taht visually matche white, not “d65 coordinates”. Also since device cannot be trusted, better stick with simple profiles “1 curve matrix” + fake infinute conytrast (bplack point compensation).

My goal is to archieve (true to printing) matching colors between them as they’re used for graphic design.

You’ll need a “reference” light source to evaluate prints, and softproof printer profiles, and match brightess & light source color (assuming you can trust paper profile color simulation in youir image editing suite).
    You want to jump a very deep rabbit hole just with an Spyder3 as companion… IMHO.

But as I said above, do not trust SPyder3 readings for whiet point, fix it “visually” and then let’s trust that such SPyder won’t colorize dark greys.

Nerscyra
    Participant

Thank you. What correction setting (as seen on the 1st attached image) should I use for each monitor?

Vincent
    Participant

None. Use “mode”, right upper corner and find suitable backlight technology.
    White LED/WLED is the typical backlight for LED sRGB only displays. INDK your display specs,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS