New to display calibration

Home Forums Help and Support New to display calibration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bcjackson
    Participant

I’ve been using a Spyder4Pro to do color calibration on three monitors connected to a desktop, and also one notebook computer screen.  When doing the desktop monitors, I was able to use the controls on the monitors to get the red, green, blue, and white bars very close to the desired midpoints before starting the calibration & profile step.

With the notebook screen, I could not see a way to do that.  I had the overall screen brightness control like all notebooks have, but digging around I could not find anything like the R,G & B drive settings that were present with the desktop monitors.

As I found with the desktop monitors, the G bar was significantly higher than the R & B bars, but I could not find a way to adjust them.  I went ahead and did the calibration and profile, and the process seemed to complete without error.  It does seem like the match between the notebook screen and the desktop screens is pretty good.

Is there anything that I could have or should have done differently?

Vincent
    Participant

With the notebook screen, I could not see a way to do that.  I had the overall screen brightness control like all notebooks have, but digging around I could not find anything like the R,G & B drive settings that were present with the desktop monitors.

Let displaycal handle it using GPU LUTs whatever your white target is (D65, closest daylight white to native, etc)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS