New Monitor has Red Color Cast after Calibration

Home Forums Help and Support New Monitor has Red Color Cast after Calibration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ttjwl
    Participant

I have been using an XRite Color Monkey Display and Linux Ubuntu Studio for 6 years now. (I use a three monitor array)

My new monitor has a red color cast.  I have read in the forums that when Spyders are used, that the white point can show red.

I seem to be having the same issue but I am using the Xrite tool, here are the ICC files from my new MSI MD2700UL and my Old BenQ GW2270

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by ttjwl.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ben
    Participant

Your new one might need a different display type correction file.    Going from 90%srgb to 125% srgb is different.    You may use hcfr and set it to monitor to native and found correction that is closest or with red more down than green in white balance.   The right correction matters and it might not always be the best numbers or easiest to calibrate  one.

ttjwl
    Participant

Thank you for helping me understand a little better.  I actually found some corrective files for the monitor,  and uploaded the CCMX data here.

Also uploaded a cti3 file from this corrective file that looks very similar in data as an ICC profile.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ben
    Participant

Vincent
    Participant

Thank you for helping me understand a little better.  I actually found some corrective files for the monitor,  and uploaded the CCMX data here.

Also uploaded a cti3 file from this corrective file that looks very similar in data as an ICC profile.

That is not a CCMX alone, your screenshot with a TI3 file shows an spectral reading. Plot it (Y vs nanometer) and you’ll find if there is a suitable generic CCSS for that backligjt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS