Choosing the best colorimeter correction.

Home Forums Help and Support Choosing the best colorimeter correction.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

pib319
    Participant

Hi, I’m calibrating my monitor (Acer XF270HUA) using a ColorMunki Display. After reading the documentation, I see it says to use a colorimeter correction for the best results. I imported colorimeter corrections for my ColorMunki Display as well as checked the colorimeter corrections database and found a matching CCMX here. My question is, which one would be the best to use? I currently have my monitor calibrated with “None” correction and using the sRGB settings. It looks great imo, but I wonder if it could be improved using one of the corrections. I’ve noticed that measuring the white point with the three different corrections (None, LCD White LED, AcerXF270HU by 4KM) gives different adjustments. I’ll post a screen shot of each one, note: the screenshots were taken after calibrating my white point to the “None” correction. Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me out and I’m deeply sorry if this has been asked before.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

pib319
    Participant

I created a measurement report using my current calibration, which is the “None” correction.

Attachments:

pib319
    Participant

Im an idiot, that measurement report was made with the WLED correction, instead of the “None” correction. This one is using the “None” correction, as that’s the correction I used to calibrate my display.

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

In order of preference:

-CCSS from community and your particular display model (beware emulated gamut CCSS for some widegamuts, it is not your situation), unless it is a backlight type with narrow spikes in spectral power distribution and you have a 10nm CCS (not your situation)
    -Bundled CCSS for yout backlight type (common sRGB WLED for your Acer AFAIK)

I would avoid using 3rd party CCMX not made by you, or for your colorimeter (unit, not model) and your display.

So if there is no CCSS for your model, use generic WLED CCSS.
    If after calibration you see some color tint in white (at the center, where you measured), you can use visual white point editor.

pib319
    Participant

Thank you for the help. I’m confused though, what’s a CCSS?  Where would I find a CCSS from the community? Sorry for my ignorance.

pib319
    Participant

Nevermind, I looked it up (which I should’ve done before posting). There doesn’t appear to be a CCSS for my display, so I’ll go with the WLED profile. Thank you!

Vincent
    Participant

Thank you for the help. I’m confused though, what’s a CCSS?  Where would I find a CCSS from the community? Sorry for my ignorance.

CCSS is a spectral power distribution sample for R,G, B channels and full white (emitted power per wavelegth ~ “number of photons of each wavelength”). With this information since i1d3 colorimeters from Xrite store its own spectral sensivities in firmware is possible to compute an individual correction for each unit on the fly.
    CCSS are “generic” per display model so they can be shared, but this translates to individual colorimeter correction once loaded in displaycal for i1d3.

If AcerXF270HU  is a sRGB only LED display, default White LED CCSS bundles with DisplayCAL should do the job.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Vincent.

pib319
    Participant

Thank you for the response :-). It’s always nice to get an insight for how these things work. Especially since it relates to my job now. Coincidentally, I was just watching a review of the LG G1 by someone with the same name ????

napilim.pro
    Participant

Is it possible to add evidence in the court record in the same frame that you hide something from the court record?
    This is in the place of updating evidence, since Im pretty sure you cant do that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS