New Calibration More Vivid than in Photoshop and Phone

Home Forums Help and Support New Calibration More Vivid than in Photoshop and Phone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hillary Zheng
    Participant

Dear Support,

I’m not sure how to describe this because I don’t understand DisplayCAL too well. I installed Argyll and use a Spyder Express. I have a Windows 10 PC with a Cintiq 22HD I do my work on.

I would like to use the sRGB value so that my pictures will look the same on the web. On Photoshop I set it to this color profile. When viewed on my Iphone phone screen and Mac laptop, the colors I see on Photoshop are exactly what I expected. However, on the Cintiq screen, and all other programs such as SAI, Open Canvas, Microsoft Paint and Google Chrome, the colors are much more vivid. When I move the drawing over to Photoshop, the colors dull down. I’ve calibrated it several times, but the results are the same. I’ve tried color management with the Windows display settings, and picked sRGB, which fixed the issue – but then it reverts back to the color profile the DisplayCAL and Spyder created.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Jimerb
    Participant

In photopshop I would start with “proof setup” on the view menu.   Pick the profile of your ouput device (srgb or adobeRGB) then turn on your proofing by selecting Proof Colors on the view menu.

Proof Colors can be toggled on or off just by selecting it again.   You can experiment with this.  Remember you are simulating your output device.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve tried color management with the Windows display settings, and picked sRGB

Windows itself (and most applications running under it) doesn’t do any form of color management. Photoshop does.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS