Need Help with LG Monitor And i1 Display Pro

Home Forums Help and Support Need Help with LG Monitor And i1 Display Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jacob
    Participant

I am currently looking for a bit of help with my setup.

I have an LG 43UD79 monitor and just recently purchased the I1 Display Pro.

I would like to know which correction spectral is ideal for this display, as well as which colour temperature and white point is recommended.

The last couple of times i have tried to set up the desired output it ends up being way too bright overall.
    Then when making the brightness darker, all the white tones end up being grey.

Also when using photoshop should the colour profile be set to Adobe RGB or the icc profile i create for my monitor?

And the last question is, should i set my brightness to a level that i like before running through the displaycal setup?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Patrick1978
    Participant

Looks like it’s a standard sRGB gamut display so the White LED correction should be the correct one.

Standard D65 color temp is fine unless you know you need something else.

I don’t recommend setting a white point to adjust the brightness.  Use the brightness/backlight control on the monitor to adjust to a comfortable level  before calibrating or during the interactive portion of the calibration after you’ve adjusted the RGB levels if you want to dial in a specific brightness.

Vincent
    Participant

Also when using photoshop should the colour profile be set to Adobe RGB or the icc profile i create for my monitor?

Do not touch PS configuration unless you know what you are doing.

On 99.9999999% times, regardless what kind of monitor you have:
    -just set your calibrated display profile as “default” in OS settings for the OSD mode you used to make it. DisplayCAL made it for you.
    -PS color settings = sRGB (regardless what display you have, it’s just default color space for images without profile and they are sRGB 99% times)
    Profile differences:
    -ask missing : CHECK
    -different profiles: UNCHECK (open images as they are, if they are AdobeRGB they open as AdobeRGB and render into your screen with rel. col. intent, same for ProPhotoRGB or other colorspaces)
    other, defaults unless you need something specific.

Jacob
    Participant

Looks like it’s a standard sRGB gamut display so the White LED correction should be the correct one.

I don’t recommend setting a white point to adjust the brightness.  Use the brightness/backlight control on the monitor to adjust to a comfortable level  before calibrating or during the interactive portion of the calibration after you’ve adjusted the RGB levels if you want to dial in a specific brightness.

Thank you for your advice i will try that today and see how i go

Jacob
    Participant

Do not touch PS configuration unless you know what you are doing.

On 99.9999999% times, regardless what kind of monitor you have:
    -just set your calibrated display profile as “default” in OS settings for the OSD mode you used to make it. DisplayCAL made it for you.
    -PS color settings = sRGB (regardless what display you have, it’s just default color space for images without profile and they are sRGB 99% times)
    Profile differences:
    -ask missing : CHECK
    -different profiles: UNCHECK (open images as they are, if they are AdobeRGB they open as AdobeRGB and render into your screen with rel. col. intent, same for ProPhotoRGB or other colorspaces)
    other, defaults unless you need something specific.

That’s perfect! Thank you for letting me know. I assumed that it should be left as sRGB on photoshop as that is all that i have ever used but just thought that i would double check.

Thanks again for your help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS