Need a little Help here !!!

Home Forums Help and Support Need a little Help here !!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ytilkas
    Participant

Hello,
    First let say thank you for accepting me here as a new member.
    Secondly i would like your advice about the calibration, i have the spyder Elite 4 and till now i used to calibrate my iMac 27” on that device. i wold like to now if the DisplayCal can give me better results than Spyder itself.
    I am a pro photographer and moslty using Retouching and color editing in photoshop and Lightroom.
    My question is because iMacs have no RGB sliders, just Brightness, i have a photo lamp in my working space 5400 kelvin. what settings to use when calibrating the imac? what do i have to choose from the menu? it is better with ambient light measurements on or off? i don’t print images at home, when needed i send them to the lab, but mostly post them on the internet.
    Please just give me a point where to start.
    Thank you ALL

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

i wold like to now if the DisplayCal can give me better results than Spyder itself.

Possibly. The calibration takes longer but is also a lot more thorough than what the Spyder software provides.

My question is because iMacs have no RGB sliders, just Brightness, i have a photo lamp in my working space 5400 kelvin. what settings to use when calibrating the imac?

Disable interactive display adjustment on the “Calibration” tab. Leave all other settings at default.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS