Must use Chrome, best profile type?

Home Forums Help and Support Must use Chrome, best profile type?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ben Fosque
    Participant

Hi,

So from my understanding reading this forum, Chrome doesn’t handle color management properly. However, I’m tied to using Chrome for several external reasons, and I’m trying to figure out the best solution for reasonably accurate colors on my setup. I think I understand most of what I’ve read here, but I wanted to ask a few questions to make sure I’m setting it up correctly:

1. Assuming that I must use Chrome, would the best profile type be “single curve + matrix” to get the closest approximation of accurate colors in Chrome?
    2. If I want to use Photoshop and Lightroom on the same display/PC, should I make a second profile that I switch to when using those applications?
    3. If I make a second profile for Photoshop/Lightroom, would “XYZ LUT + matrix” be the best profile type for that use?
    4. If I make two profiles, would it be best to take measurements for the “XYZ LUT + matrix” profile (or other depending on #3), and then use those same measurements to create the “single curve + matrix” profile?
    5. If I want to create a “single curve + matrix” profile based on “XYZ LUT + matrix” measurements, should I use the .icm file or the .ti3 file?
    6. I’ve been switching profiles by right clicking the profile manager and selecting “Profile associations”, then selecting the profile I want and clicking on “Set as default”. Is that the best way to switch profiles?

Thanks for the excellent application, I really appreciate all the time you’ve spent developing this fantastic tool!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Assuming that I must use Chrome, would the best profile type be “single curve + matrix” to get the closest approximation of accurate colors in Chrome?

Yes.

If I want to use Photoshop and Lightroom on the same display/PC, should I make a second profile that I switch to when using those applications?

It depends on your accuracy requirements, and how much more accuracy you would gain with a more complex profile type.

If I make a second profile for Photoshop/Lightroom, would “XYZ LUT + matrix” be the best profile type for that use?

Yes.

If I make two profiles, would it be best to take measurements for the “XYZ LUT + matrix” profile (or other depending on #3), and then use those same measurements to create the “single curve + matrix” profile?

Yes. I would create the more complex profile first (using default 175 patch testchart), and then create the matrix profile from those same measurements (assuming you’ll even go the two profiles route, which may be a bit cumbersome to have to switch between two profiles).

If I want to create a “single curve + matrix” profile based on “XYZ LUT + matrix” measurements, should I use the .icm file or the .ti3 file?

Doesn’t really matter.

I’ve been switching profiles by right clicking the profile manager and selecting “Profile associations”, then selecting the profile I want and clicking on “Set as default”. Is that the best way to switch profiles?

It’s the quickest non-automated way probably.

Ben Fosque
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS