Multiple “Correct” Whitepoints.

Home Forums Help and Support Multiple “Correct” Whitepoints.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DarKHawK
    Participant

Hi,

Complete noob here.

I’m trying to match a Dell S3422DWG with a Dell S2721D using i1 DisplayPro. I’m taking the S3422DWG as a reference. Adjusting the whitepoint on the S3422DWG is straight forward, decreasing the green gain from 100% to 98% and leaving the red and blue alone, which produces a 6500K white “to my eye”.
    On the S2721D, adjusting the whitepoint by reducing blue by 1% produces a “correct, 3 matched color bars” whitepoint / level on DisplayCal but the white is warmer, more like warm white. Also adjusting the colors to 92%/96%100% also produces a “correct, 3 matched color bars”, while this one looks more like the S3422DWG white.
    I’ve used the colorimeter correction ccss files from the database.

What does the default Whitepoint daylight as measured supposed to look like? Like a white LED bulb or more like a warmer white? Which route will produce more accurate colors after calibration?

Thank you.
    P.S.: Sorry if this is duplicate thread, It has been (Awaiting moderation) since yesterday in General Discussion

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by DarKHawK.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Old Man
    Participant

“D65 is a standard illuminant that corresponds roughly to the average midday light in Western Europe/Northern Europe.”

For highest accuracy, trust your colorimeter, assuming you’re using the correct corrections

Ben
    Participant

Might want to check Blue out.   Can not tell which is better without tryng.  Does blue show up in contrast settings at http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php ?   look at the color under 1.   They should all be even.    Even the gain does adjust the low end a little.   Blue 1 and 2 is effected by my blue 5% white balance.   With it  decreased it is gone sometimes.   Every screen is different and I have a Vizio V555-J01 so I don’t know about Dell S2721D .     Looked it up.   I think I guess right.   Rtings kept blue the same.  https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2721d

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS