Multi-monitor advice and help

Home Forums Help and Support Multi-monitor advice and help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

foxintrees
    Participant

Hi.

I’m illustrator and need a calibration!

I plan to buy a spider5 express with DisplayCAL, what seems to be the cheapest option (since spider5 share the same hardware)

First : is it a good deal, or should I go for the double price for a i1?

Then, I have 2 monitor : one wacom 22HD and Eizo 2750. I read on the forum that some poeple have trouble with double monitor.

Can I have a good calibration with this 2 monitors with the spider5Express and DisplayCAL?

Thanks a lot for your answers!!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by foxintrees.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

First : is it a good deal, or should I go for the double price for a i1?

That’s for you to decide – ultimately you’re the one spending the money.

Then, I have 2 monitor : one wacom 22HD and Eizo 2750. I read on the forum that some poeple have trouble with double monitor.

Not sure what other problems people may be having, but one problem is that only very few applications support multi monitor color management correctly (or even at all).

Can I have a good calibration with this 2 monitors with the spider5Express and DisplayCAL?

I recommend matching the whitepoints visually for best results.

foxintrees
    Participant

Hi..

Thanks for your answer!!

For the first point : I have the feeling the Spider5Express + DislayCal (120euros) = i1 pro (220euros). If it’s to have the same result, I will go for the cheaper. If the i1 is really valuable, I will go for it, that’s the sense of my question.

So do you think  Spider5Express + DislayCal (120euros) = i1 pro (220euros) ?

And second : the color management is not done by the OS itself? And the color shemes are set by monitor whatever the softawre you use?

Thx.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

For the first point : I have the feeling the Spider5Express + DislayCal (120euros) = i1 pro (220euros).

You can search the forum and elsewhere how the i1 Display Pro (not i1 Pro, that’s a totally different device) and Spyder5 compare. Another option is the ColorMunki Display (basically the same device as the i1 Display Pro, but a bit slower).

And second : the color management is not done by the OS itself?

Depends on the OS. Under Windows, there is no desktop-wide color management, for example.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS