Monitor/Windows Color Profiles

Home Forums General Discussion Monitor/Windows Color Profiles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Todd Nilssen
    Participant

I will be using DisplayCal and an Xrite x1 Pro to calibrate/test my monitor (once the Xrite arrives in a few days)

The monitor I’m using is a Dell UP2716D – it has both 100% sRGB and REC709 color spaces within the monitor

To my understanding, DisplayCal makes a color profile at the software level? So thats a windows color profile, correct?

So should I be using the sRGB/REC709 color spaces within my monitor instead of the profile that DisplayCal makes for me? I’d like to also use DisplayCal to ensure the monitors color profiles are truly up to par (so no profile creation, just testing – I assume I can do that?)

Just curious what you guys think is best.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Todd Nilssen.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Todd Nilssen.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

For testing the current response of the monitor, use the “verification” tab. Set simulation profile as desired, enable “use simulation profile as display profile”, and set tone curve to “unmodified”.

Todd Nilssen
    Participant

Thanks Florian! So if the tests come back positive and the color spaces built into the monitor are good to go, would you recommend using those instead of creating a LUT?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS