Monitor calibration (help)

Home Forums General Discussion Monitor calibration (help)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Steven
    Participant

I decided to calibrate the monitor but I have one doubt, I tried to find the answer but without success. I have a Fujitsu p27t-6p ips monitor and I’m interested in which color profile to set on the monitor itself before calibration, if I want to calibrate the monitor for sRGB or AdobeRGB, should I also set it on the monitor before calibration or does it not matter?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

I decided to calibrate the monitor but I have one doubt, I tried to find the answer but without success. I have a Fujitsu p27t-6p ips monitor and I’m interested in which color profile to set on the monitor itself before calibration

You do not set profiles in monitor. You use presets.

If you trust factory calibration of those presets you need to apply as default ICC profile the “standard” ICC profile that precalibrated mode tries to simulate.

, if I want to calibrate the monitor for sRGB or AdobeRGB, should I also set it on the monitor before calibration or does it not matter?

Those presets limit colorspace to whatever manufacturer advertises (with different success). For color managed applications you want full native gamut and most OSD conntrols unlocked. This is “Custom”/”user mode”. Use gains to fix white, DisplayCAL will correct grey, then make profile.
    Usually you do not use AdobeRGB factory preset if you can calibrate your display by yourself, you use full native gamut in Custom/user mode (withj your custom ICC profile), or in some HW calibration slot if any.
    Usually you do not use sRGB factory preset to work with sRGB imaged in image editors if you can calibrate your display by yourself, you use full native gamut in Custom/user mode (withj your custom ICC profile), or in some HW calibration slot if any.

If you need to use non color managed apps (games, MS office) which expected to be used with an sRGB monitor gamma 2.2, you can choose your “sRGB” preset and let DisplayCAL correct white color,  grey color and gamma. Since white will be corrected in GPU like any other grey, contrast may drop a tiny bit after calibration.
    You can skip sRGB preset recalibration for non color managed apps if you know how to use DWMLUT or other equivalent tools, there are threads in this forum.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS