Missing HDR for madvr 3dlut

Home Forums Help and Support Missing HDR for madvr 3dlut

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

momajo
    Participant

Hello,
    I want to make a 3dlut with HDR for madvr. My issue is when I‘m measuring the white level I get only about 310cd/m2 but my Philips oled 804 should achive close to 700cd/m2. This is also when I start madtpg and then DisplayCal and everything is set up for calibration (as the settings showed in the appendix), the white level is only about 80cd/m2 and I can surely see that there‘s nothing wrong with the measurement of the colorimeter. When I open madvr, madvr is also saying that there is only SDR displayed while my TV says there‘s HDR content displayed.
    Settings on madtpg: stay on top checked, use fullscreen checked, disable osd can’t be checked (don’t know why), hdr bt2020, 0nits min and 10000 nits max, disable 3dlut and video lut checked. I believe that‘s all, I would grately appreciate your help.

Best regards

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by momajo.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

WOLED: RGB can only go up to certain cd/m2, from that to nominal peak cd/m2  is from W subpixel (small patches). Bigger patches suffer ABL, hence you cannot go up to 700nit if patch is “big”
    And HDR “signal in” to panel capabilities translation is written in firmw and you cannot modify it (maybe with a tool that has access to vendor SDK)
    TL;DR you cannot correct it in HDR, it is “as is” due to severe technology limitations in WOLEDs.

Regarding SDR signal in madVR,
    -did you enable HDR in madTPG?
    -did you enable HDR in OS?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS