Measurments all over the place after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Measurments all over the place after calibration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

anonymous SourceForge

Hello there

I’m using a set up with two monitors and one plasma TV. The displays look off after calibration with the colormunky display. I’ve been doing checks with the verification tool in DCG. They appear correct if I calibrate one display and then measure it after. They are way off if I go on and calibrate another display and then go back to the first one calibrated. The two monitors always look pretty different from each other. I’ve noticed that the screen I’m measuring seems to switch over to a different calibration while measuring. It gets brighter and the colors shift. I’m not entirely sure what settings to use for my graphics card. I’m using the NVIDIA control panel. Do I use “Other applications control the color settings” or “Use NVIDIA settings”? What do I need to change in the Windows settings? Do I use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as standard? Im not sure how to attach the measurment reports.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

They appear correct if I calibrate one display and then measure it after. They are way off if I go on and calibrate another display and then go back to the first one calibrated.

This sounds like an issue with display drift.

I’ve noticed that the screen I’m measuring seems to switch over to a different calibration while measuring.

During calibration measurements, any existing calibration is automatically disabled. During profiling measurements, the active calibration is used.

Do I use “Other applications control the color settings

Yes, this is required. Also, “Digital vibrance” and “Hue” controls need to be in default position (i.e. 50% and 0° if I’m not mistaken).

What do I need to change in the Windows settings?

Desktop color depth needs to be 24 bit or higher (on modern Windows systems this is usually already set correctly).

Do I use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as standard?

Depends on where. Usually it’s not needed to alter the Windows color settings from defaults. When installing a profile, dispcalGUI will do the right thing automatically.

Im not sure how to attach the measurment reports.

As in, it does not accept the files? You can see where they are saved in the location bar when viewing them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS