measuring HDR and SDR properly

Home Forums General Discussion measuring HDR and SDR properly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Kaizer
    Participant

Hi, im new to monitor world and confuse how properly measuring SDR and HDR in DisplayCal.

im using Xrite i1 DisplayPro

1. are my setting good for measuring SDR color gamut and Delta E in Office&Web (D65, Gamma 2,2)?
    2. do i need correction in my monitor especially none of my monitor brand are there?
    3. how to measure color gamut in HDR? do i need fixed nits point to do that, or go full brightness?
    4. and for verification settings in SDR and HDR are Extended verification testchart are fine?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

1) no data

2) yes but no data

3) AFAIK gamut volume & coverages through iccgamut or viewgam will rely on relative TRC colorspace comparisons, hence comparisions will be done against a SDR Rec2020 colorspace.

4) Maybe you want HCFR for testing factory PQ tracking like with a TV. It has embebed ArgyllCMS code for measurements.

Kaizer
    Participant

what do you mean no data?

can you give me a link or reference to use HCFR properly?

Vincent
    Participant

what do you mean no data?

That you provide no data

can you give me a link or reference to use HCFR properly?

There is a very long thread in AVSForum
    https://www.avsforum.com/threads/hcfr-open-source-projector-and-display-calibration-software.1393853/

Kaizer
    Participant

That you provide no data

what data do you need?

There is a very long thread in AVSForum
    https://www.avsforum.com/threads/hcfr-open-source-projector-and-display-calibration-software.1393853/

thanks i will check right now

Vincent
    Participant

That you provide no data

what data do you need?

Settings (colorimeter correction) is linked to display model, actually its backlight type (+ fancy filters).

With common sRGB SDR display is easy to guess, choose White LED. With P3 displays it may get more complicated to guess if no user uploaded a custom CCSS to database.

Kaizer
    Participant

Settings (colorimeter correction) is linked to display model, actually its backlight type (+ fancy filters).

you mean this?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Kaizer.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

IDNK what is a “Mi” monitor (Xiaomi?), write actual model name so people can guess backlight type (colorimeter correction).

Anyway 200:1 contrast ratio means that you have messed up with configuration (GPU, mnitor, not Displaycal). Usually it is a 16-235 range issue but it may be user mssing with OSD controls so a factory reset may help too.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Vincent.

Kaizer
    Participant

IDNK what is a “Mi” monitor (Xiaomi?), write actual model name so people can guess backlight type (colorimeter correction).

its Mi 23.8″ Desktop Monitor 1C

Vincent
    Participant

Looks like a common LED sRGB monitor so “White LED” family correction. It may modify measured whie point coordinates.

Also check 16-235 vs 0-255 range issue and recalibrate. Try to measure contrast first to ensure that issue is solved before doing full calibration.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS