Measurement report done correctly?

Home Forums Help and Support Measurement report done correctly?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bruce alan greene
    Participant

I’ve just used Displaycal to create a 3D LUT for resolve.  I’m not sure I’ve done this correctly, but the result looks good.  Can someone who understands the process comment about my settings described in the Measurement report?

The goal here is REC709, gamma 2.4.  Luminance=80   It’s for an Eizo display that only has a 1D LUT+matrix memory.  The display was pre set to Luminance 83 and native colorspcace and REC709 white point using color navigator.  The 3D LUT in Resolve works with this “hardware” calibration.

Do I have all the settings correct?  I’ve read the manual, but there’s something about the terminology that I sometimes find hard to understand. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the measurement report looks fine.

bruce alan greene
    Participant

Thank you Floran.

One more question, I’m trying to make other LUTs with different gamma.  I don’t understand from the documents, how to load the original measurement data to create new LUTs and .ICC profiles without measuring the display again.  I’ve changed the settings, so that the software needs to import this data again.

Thanks.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I don’t understand from the documents, how to load the original measurement data to create new LUTs and .ICC profiles without measuring the display again.

Select the previous profile under “Settings”. Then, disable “Create 3D LUT after profiling” on the 3D LUT tab.

bruce alan greene
    Participant

Thank you.  I think I tried that but I couldn’t find or was sure of which file was the “previous profile”.  I’m using windows 10.  What folder should I look in for that profile?  And is there some text in the name that will identify it as the profile?  There seem to have been some similar named files that I saw created at about the same time.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What folder should I look in for that profile? And is there some text in the name that will identify it as the profile?

If the file is no longer in the settings list, you can find it in the “storage” folder (see documentation). The profile files have an “.icm” extension under Windows.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS